Top Two Web Hosting companies

I own a web hosting company myself, but I was wondering, who are the top 2 web hosting based companys on the net?

Smile

i would definatly say ( My Opinion ) = ONEANDONE.co.uk they have never let me down, i have never had downtime in 3 years, they are definatly professional, they offer great products, everything, check them out, u go 1&1!!

In terms of sales or in terms of customer satisfaction, reputation, speed, service, reliability, value for the dollar, ...

I can see the religious war brewing on this one.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

i have never had downtime in 3 years
    How did you monitor your site's/server's uptime?

Originally posted by XGENTECH
    i would definatly say ( My Opinion ) = ONEANDONE.co.uk they have never let me down, i have never had downtime in 3 years, they are definatly professional, they offer great products, everything, check them out, u go 1&1!!
    Don't you think it is pretty ironic that your site is down just now then?

i have never had downtime in 3 years
    No downtime, or none that you've noticed?

And to the original poster, are you talking in terms of number of customers, customer satisfaction, reliability, or what?
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

none that i have noticed and yes, if you are taking about "xgentech.co.uk" that is not my site, i actualy forwarded that to my computers ip address and ran my own hosting for my website, but my router f**ked up and now it wont work! but thats another story!

the only time i had noticed that my site and everyting was down is because, 1and1's servers had automaticly added my ip to a block list, because i was connected to the ftp on about 5 computers, because we were working on the site as a team! but i rang them up and they sorted it out immideatly

XGNETECH

Good
    Still down tho
    MIS Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared, Reseller and Enterprise 24 Hour Support Toll Free Telephone 888-572-6830
    cPanel Linux Helm Windows SiteBuilders Scripts
    MIS Web Hosting Solutions MIS Support Systems

none that i have noticed and yes, if you are taking about "xgentech.co.uk" that is not my site, i actualy forwarded that to my computers ip address and ran my own hosting for my website, but my router f**ked up and now it wont work! but thats another story!
    There is a massive difference between no downtime and none that you have seen. It could be down for hours each time you go to sleep and you wouldn't have a clue.

Huh? Sleep? Heh

Re: Top Two Web Hosting companies

Originally posted by nashost
    I own a web hosting company myself, but I was wondering, who are the top 2 web hosting based companys on the net?
    Perhaps you could set some parameters. We would not want the mod to close this thread before there is some semblance of consensus, would we?
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Try www.webhosting.info, although I think you have to take in the information with a dose of salt...

and remember when asking for perspectives on WHT, terms like: good, better and best - are all relative.

Some of us are business management people. Some are programmers or server admins. Some are web designers. Each will have a different view of what is "the best".

LH
    If the web closed at midnight, what would YOU do?

Best host?

I would have to say that, pretty much, the tootsie roll pop slogan goes here - the world may never know. Nobody can really say because all hostig companies have flaws, and everyone will have a somewhat different experience. Also, all of the web hosting review sites out there that list the 'top 10 hosts' are a joke, they are only there to make money on referrals and advertising, they could care less if the web hosting company at position #1 had 2 hours of downtime a month. I have contacted 10+ of them and asked them to 'try out' my hosting (for FREE mind you) so I can maybe be in the top 10 because I think I could be, yet none of them reply, Im assuming because I dont really offer a referral program. Also, you cannot poll the hundreds of millions of web hosting customers out there and ask, I mean, even on WHT the thousands of people are only thousands out of hundreds of millions. Polls are a joke, dont take anyones word for who the 'best web hosting company' is because, for you, it could quite possibly be the worst.

Re: Top Two Web Hosting companies

Originally posted by nashost

I would have to say our Company and the other one, I forgot the name of.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Haha

Exactly WebsiteRob, that was great. It would be your company and mine!

You cannot put a label like this one out of all the host in the world. Some host are meant for sertin people.