SAGONET - is my CC/license info safe with them?

A while ago I signed up for the server with sagonet.

They requested copies of licence/CC & CC Authorization form.

I provided them but I am just wondering now how safe is my info with them? Do they destroy it after verifcation process or keep it in file which can be miss-used in future?

I don't mind sending in a copy of my credit card. I would not send my DL copy though. This is true for any host, not only Sago.

See also this thread.

Wouldn't asking for a copy of the license imply they want the ID#?
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

Absolutly NO!

Sago uses your drivers license and credit card to buy servers from Take-It-Ezzi! Stone Phillips is preparing the Dateline NBC expose on it now.

Give it a rest! ALL OF YOU, PLEASE! The worst thing anybody can do is hand the waiter in a restaurant your credit card. He's some teenage bum living on a counch at the frathouse. He needs the bucks more than Sagonet!
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Hahahah

perfect

Originally posted by PSFServers
    Absolutly NO!

Sago uses your drivers license and credit card to buy servers from Take-It-Ezzi! Stone Phillips is preparing the Dateline NBC expose on it now.

Give it a rest! ALL OF YOU, PLEASE! The worst thing anybody can do is hand the waiter in a restaurant your credit card. He's some teenage bum living on a counch at the frathouse. He needs the bucks more than Sagonet!

Re: SAGONET - is my CC/license info safe with them?

Originally posted by HenryJ
    A while ago I signed up for the server with sagonet.

They requested copies of licence/CC & CC Authorization form.

I provided them but I am just wondering now how safe is my info with them? Do they destroy it after verifcation process or keep it in file which can be miss-used in future?
    They've been in the business for 5 years now, i'm sure if they were cons, they would have been found out a long *** time ago

A year ago i sent them shots of my drivers and Credit card and had no issues what so ever.

If you think that's bad, dealing with some companies in europe is hell. We were ordering a box, and htey required copies of our bills, Credit Card, credit card statement, and another peice of identification.

We also had to FAX it, which was hell since we didn't have one, heh'

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Absolutly NO!

Yeah, Sago looks trustable (Is that a word?).

Originally posted by adb22791

Yeah, Sago looks trustable (Is that a word?).
    I think you're looking for the word... TRUSTWORTHY. LOL!!!

Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Absolutly NO!

That'd be one helluva thread

you guys are nerds.

Originally posted by skyler.insler
    you guys are nerds.
    Wait until you get past 30 posts, you will have "nerd" under your user name, too

Absolutly NO!

Absolutly NO!

I was waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too tired this morning when I first read this thread. I took it serious for about 5 seconds when I read that post, but thanks for brightening up my morning

Originally posted by sagomatt
    I was waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too tired this morning when I first read this thread. I took it serious for about 5 seconds when I read that post, but thanks for brightening up my morning
    So whuddaya say Matt, work somethin out?

I bet ya they are talkin it over with a pint right now...60 Minutes here we go...

Absolutly NO!

Fun aside, I must say I have servers with BEACHCOMBER (Yea you Mark ), THE PLANET and EV1 and I was never asked for copy of license & CC. TP & EV1 required only the confirmation over the phone, and Beachcomber didn't even go with that, while at sago it was a sad ordeal of 3 days with their sales dept first tell me that order is fine, than telling me to fax over the CC, next day requesting the ID, and on 3rd day requesting a CC Authorize Form filled out. And this is when I have used same CC with hundreds of other providers with no problem et al in past 5+ years.

So Mathew do take these comments seriously as the intial experience i had to go through was not quite smooth compared to your other competitors.

Other than that on a lighter note, I hope EZZI will love the hefty chargebacks

I enjoyed seeing the lighter side of this thread, though it does arise some questions regarding new service requirements that companies may impose. The verification process, we try to automate the initial call, then manually if in the US. If we're unable to verify, ultimately we have to go by ID request. The rate of fraud out there is alarming to say the least, and it's in the best interest of the true cc holder that we take more pro-active measures to ensure only legitimate orders are placed through. It is though a one-time deal, afterwards a user / pass will suffice. We all do what we can to keep fraud down, and that's all we're trying to do.

Thanks,

Originally posted by sagomatt
    I enjoyed seeing the lighter side of this thread, though it does arise some questions regarding new service requirements that companies may impose. The verification process, we try to automate the initial call, then manually if in the US. If we're unable to verify, ultimately we have to go by ID request. The rate of fraud out there is alarming to say the least, and it's in the best interest of the true cc holder that we take more pro-active measures to ensure only legitimate orders are placed through. It is though a one-time deal, afterwards a user / pass will suffice. We all do what we can to keep fraud down, and that's all we're trying to do.

Thanks,
    Yeah we did sorta get away from the point

While I realize some people find sending in your ID/CC to be an inconvenience, and some may have privacy concerns. Sago is right on this one. Fraud is a really big problem in the dedicated server industry, and it's up to people like Matt and I to keep it to a minimal for the sake of all involved. I wouldn't just send it in to whoever asked for them, but when dealing with reputable companies (My understanding is Sagonet has been in business for a number of years, and I doubt they did so by ripping people off) I think people should look at it as "Hey, these guys don't mess around" as opposed to "OMG are they gonna steal my identity?".