Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Varhosting > :(

Nevermind netdave, I see your ticket now and am looking into this.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

i been with them for 6 months have't had any prob also have 6 hosting on it no prob at all
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

what server are you on?

I used 3 seperate servers with varhosting and each one was terrible.

6 months with varhosting and you have had no problems? I cannot believe that.

poor........

Talkhost did you check there nick ? "counter-strike" ... does'nt that speak for itself ?

Its absolutely false

Originally posted by chatbox
    I was impressed by varhosting when i transferred my websites to them in march but soon i realised they wont answer emails ! I have right now with me read reciept for an email sent 7 days back and they care a damn to reply ! They are no good and i would recomend varhosting to anyone who wants a hosting that sucks. Sorry but these are honest emotions when i think about all the downtime they have, all the poor service they provide, i'll soon right a big long review for them to make sure noone gets burned again.
    Hi Fellows,
    I'm a frequent visitor of WHT, only that i don't post threads or reply to any.But while reading this post i really wanted to voice my views on varhosting.
    I'm in the hosting biz since 2002.And i'm technically sound enough and i've been with varhosting since April 2005, its been absolutely a pleasure dealing with them, if i have any doubts i mail niyogi directly(if its with billing and critical issue) and i'll get a reply within 6 hours, but there was once its took him one whole day to reply, ofcourse later i came to know that there was some issue with the servers...Else for all those trivial matter, i open a ticket.See for a quick and effective support, you have to follow their rules and not make ur own rules or do it as you wish and come here and shout about it.Right from the beginin when you join they say to open a ticket from your clientexec control panel, support hardly check their mails coz all of them open the trouble tickets.
    Niyogiz been very helpful to me right from the beginning.
    Regarding uptime, i've a lot scripts and 3rd party websites monitoring my website's uptime and the least what i've got is 99.92%. Trust me, i'm not being paid to post this reply.I'm telling the truth...

Regards,
    Sriram

What your reply suggests, facts dissapprove of ..we've had too many burnt hands with them with me included. I dont know if you really monitor your site but all the people telling here about there downtime cant be wrong . As for replies, iam a proof to it ! No reply for a Week and being taken in circles ! So how can we really belive you except that we all were boozing around having a lot of beers to be drunk enough to post these bad reviews, but we are not so we'll pass this review

chatbox,

I never did hear from you actually - it's an old story and you seem to have a personal vendetta against me. You are free to contact me via any means and we can discuss. If you need my contact information or need me to contact you, just PM me and this can be done.

We have a good deal of problems, I'll admit. But we work hard to eliminate them I think.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Originally posted by niyogi
    chatbox,

I never did hear from you actually - it's an old story and you seem to have a personal vendetta against me. You are free to contact me via any means and we can discuss. If you need my contact information or need me to contact you, just PM me and this can be done.

We have a good deal of problems, I'll admit. But we work hard to eliminate them I think.

Roj

I Have read reciepts from you Roj. Cmon dont retract yourself now Lets not go over it for this thread itself is a proof of your comments posted in past so no use proving your ownself wrong roj. I've explained you before that i dont have anything personal against you but have the last smile here for you thought i was having something personal against you but after me ..a lot of people on this thread posted there comments about you and all i can do is pass a sympathy smile to them. You still seem to have "we are working on it " "it was an attack" excuses for your clients ...wonder how long would it go So here i just watch how varhosting goes down and yes thats nothing personal with me, its lack of your service and support which is making it happen. Good Luck Roj You really need it

I wanted to extend a public thanks to Sriram for the words.

Much to do!

Roj
    I am niyogi.

Re: Its absolutely false

Originally posted by icatchonline
    Hi Fellows,
    I'm a frequent visitor of WHT, only that i don't post threads or reply to any.But while reading this post i really wanted to voice my views on varhosting.
    I'm in the hosting biz since 2002.And i'm technically sound enough and i've been with varhosting since April 2005, its been absolutely a pleasure dealing with them, if i have any doubts i mail niyogi directly(if its with billing and critical issue) and i'll get a reply within 6 hours, but there was once its took him one whole day to reply, ofcourse later i came to know that there was some issue with the servers...Else for all those trivial matter, i open a ticket.See for a quick and effective support, you have to follow their rules and not make ur own rules or do it as you wish and come here and shout about it.Right from the beginin when you join they say to open a ticket from your clientexec control panel, support hardly check their mails coz all of them open the trouble tickets.
    Niyogiz been very helpful to me right from the beginning.
    Regarding uptime, i've a lot scripts and 3rd party websites monitoring my website's uptime and the least what i've got is 99.92%. Trust me, i'm not being paid to post this reply.I'm telling the truth...

Regards,
    Sriram
    Sorry Sriram, but I don't think the 50+ topics that have been made this year are all lies.

I have a few friends hosting different packages at VARHosting, and everyone reports something different, but the ratio seems to be:

The more you pay, the better hosting and support you get with VAR
    The less you pay, the worst hosting and support you get with VAR

One was actually hosting with VARHosting on their Budget plan, and was told by a support agent that there's not much they can do about his issues because of so many people on his server, but if he'd upgrade to the highest available price, then his problems would be non-existant.

Which he did, and has noted everything is extremely better.

It all matters on how much you pay them, for the work they give you.

But, don't get me wrong, Roj is nice and tries to do everything he can.

Though, the ethics as far as "the more you pay the better you get", just doesn't cut it.

Re: Re: Its absolutely false

Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    Sorry Sriram, but I don't think the 50+ topics that have been made this year are all lies.

Where did you find 50+ topics with varhosting in the topic? I searched and found 34 and they're not all negitive.

For what it's worth,I've been with varhosting since Feb on the budgit plan . I really can't say if their support is any good because I've only had to use it 3 times. One was to transfer all my accounts over from another host and the others . I had an e mail problem and then ftp problem. All petty minnor stuff that was taken care of promptly.
    Down time? Sure, but is 99.93% up time for the month of July so bad?
    Alltime uptime: 99.287 % since 2005-05-15
    If you had a bad experiance with Varhosting in the past, it's time to let it go and move on. I'm getting more then what I'm paying for and don't have any plans on moving anytime soon.

hey which websites are you talking about, you are on what node, all i see is that this is a one man show with him handling the sales, technincals and support staff. and keep less view on handling servers . the community board members always keep compalaining,

The biz should be like when I have purchased a reseller package with them, I am less worried about the server and will give more time in talking to my clients and promoting my site, but I find that most of the time people complain about the server so when will they get time to promote themselves

Re: Re: Its absolutely false

Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC

I have a few friends hosting different packages at VARHosting, and everyone reports something different, but the ratio seems to be:

The more you pay, the better hosting and support you get with VAR
    The less you pay, the worst hosting and support you get with VAR

One was actually hosting with VARHosting on their Budget plan, and was told by a support agent that there's not much they can do about his issues because of so many people on his server, but if he'd upgrade to the highest available price, then his problems would be non-existant.

Which he did, and has noted everything is extremely better.

It all matters on how much you pay them, for the work they give you.

But, don't get me wrong, Roj is nice and tries to do everything he can.

Though, the ethics as far as "the more you pay the better you get", just doesn't cut it.
    Exactly pal... Thatz what i want to stress here....
    "QUALITY COMES WITH QUANTITY"

See if a customer buys a 250 or 500 MB space plan from a webhost at the market price ( I mean the usual competitive price on the net) and ask the webhost to have not more than 20-30 accounts on a server coz it slows down the his site, then the webhost can't survive.or else he should be ready to pay more in cash..
    See here everybody is to make business and profit... ofcourse as you know you can't get rich overnight if you are doin legal biz on the net, but atleast considerable amount of profit.

Their support is so friendly that, i'm using few third party scripts like email scripts and other e-commerce scripts.If i have any problem with these scripts, i directly contact varhosting support team coz they help me and solve the matter that too much faster than the scripts owner itself...Do you think its their duty to do this..? Absolutely not...!
    Currently i've a issue with my 3rd party email script which i bought seperately and they are trying to solve the matter...I'm happy that they are trying and are on it...I opened the ticket yesterday and since then 3 different guys, have responded 4-5 times asking for more info and other details and stuff...

And as someone said, its not a one man army, coz i too stay in India, where their support center is and they are one of the reputed in here...Though i've not visited their office in India.

See the only thing is you have to go in a right way....as you do everwhere else...follows their policies and route of contacting them...

I am so happy with them that i'm planning to buy a VPS from them shortly ( as soon as i get few more clients to cover the operating cost)

And Roj, thanks for that, but i never posted to impress you, but i've put across the fact and my experience with VARHOSTING.Its may be you, or someother provider.

I'll try to upload the uptime details of my sites shortly to support my posts....

Regards,
    Sriram

Sriram ...iam wondering about this comment by you "And as someone said, its not a one man army, coz i too stay in India, where their support center is and they are one of the reputed in here...Though i've not visited their office in India."

Where are you from and where are they located in India and which part of India are the popular ? The Andamans with a population of under 5000 ? Wondering about this so please do let me know how do you make a statement like that They are reputed here. Where ????

ha ha ha lol

Hi Chatbox...
    I stay about 100 kms south-west of Bangalore, Karnataka ( also known as silicon valley of India) with a lot of IT companies and stuff...
    They are reputed here means where i stay in India... I specified among the IT sector people and not the layman or so...Got it...
    So chatbox do you think that varhosting is a one man army..?
    Then how do you think the support will be online 24 X 7 .Do you think Roj is a robot or what so that he'll be awake and in front of the computer all the time.If thatz so, then he has to be a alien or a robot..
    he he lol

I've attached a uptime stat from my most reliable uptime monitoring system.. and its shows the uptime of July 2005.

And regarding the system that i use to monitor my uptime, it checks every 5 minutes ( 24/7) from around 25 - 30 locations all over the world and if therez a downtime i get a mail and sms ( when the server is down and as soon as its up)
    So i guess its more than enough...

Regards,
    Sriram
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails site-uptime.jpg  
    Last edited by icatchonline; 08-03-2005 at 09:28 PM.

I come from New Delhi sriram....and im an IT Consultant as well with a lot of public sector clientele...so i wonder which are these companies with whom they are popular ??? And as for your comment "I stay about 100 kms south-west of Bangalore, Karnataka ( also known as silicon valley of India) with a lot of IT companies and stuff......Which is this town 100 KM South West of Banglore ???" Maybe time that you open a map and lookout for 100 KM South west city to post here

whatever you are..? that doesn't matter...whether u are a It consultant or CEO of a company...Btw if you are It biz then you must be knowing that Quality comes with quantity( i mean what you pay is what you get..!)
    Have you seen the india map, according to your last post, it seems like therez no city to the south west of bangalore( in you map is bangalore the southern most tip of India)..
    I'm from Mysore...

Hey chatbox did you see the uptime attachment in my last post...?
    Still not convinced..
    See i'm not telling that you are wrong, but in any biz you can't satisfy 100% of ur customers( u must be knowin this as ur a IT consultant)
    , but if you are unhappy, then talk to ur provider and solve the problem...
    According to you if hez not replyin to your mails, then niyogi's personal number can be obtained from helpdesk, you cud have called him and talked to him...

I guess, you know about all this as ur a IT consultant and i neednot advise u on this

Anyway when you have shifted ur host, no more issues..

Bye
    Regards,
    Sriram

I did'nt knew Mysore also have IT companies coming in from banglore ...as for what i pay...check out my posts, i recently got a VPS as well...money is never a concern with me but service is, when i went with varhosting, i had everyone praising them but seems soon there servers were stuffed up only to find my sites offline for a lot of time. Would you not care to reply for a week to emails sent by your clients ? Would your livesupport tell to email and the guy who has to answer email tells to go to tickets and take customer in circle ? Iam sure you wont do it but varhosting did that with me And to top it all, they always have 1 excuse ready, we never knew this was the reason for the downtime. So i still stick to my opinion for them.

As for your website..Good Luck till it it goes down because there servers cant stay up for long .... If they can play games with me, they can play games with you tommorow as well ....Customers stands 1st in any business and thats something this company does'nt even know about else one wont have to wait for 1 week for a reply . Furthermore, do you think iam the only one who thinks they suck ? I never started this thread either so iam not the only one who finds them bad. thats the opinion i still hold and would not recomend varhosting to anyone.
    Last edited by chatbox; 08-04-2005 at 10:50 AM.

I'm a happy customer of varhosting.net With running a website with well over 50,000 pageviews a day, its important that my site is up ALL the time. I have used all of their services... Budget Reseller, Power Reseller, VPS, and Premium Reseller.

The only issue's I ever had was with the Power Reseller uptime, so I moved to a VPS, but with all the traffic I get, the VPS was failing so I moved over to a Premium Reseller account. Since then I experienced down time once and that's it.

Roj is defiently one hardworking guy and wants to make his customers happy. He deserves some respect for all of his work.

He deserves contempt for his lack of customer attention.
    The support at varhosting is dreadful. Granted, it is often the case that live support will be online, but the only thing they ever said was "there is an issue and we are working on it"
    That kind of answer is no good to someone who has their own customers screaming for answers and explanations. Support tickets were just the same. Stock replies.
    I had once posted in the VH forums asking why we never get a straight answer to questions. I asked if they can at least tell us "what" they are "working on" what caused the issue, what is being done to prevent it happening again. Basic things that he should be telling us. His answer to this was beyond belief. He doesn't have time to explain what is wrong. How would he feel if his server provider gave him an answer like that?

P.S. my posts are no longer on his forum. It seems that when you decide to no longer do business with him, he removes your forum username and all posts..
    I've read in a few posts that Roj is a "nice guy" Possibly, but he is a terrible host.

Talkhost and chatbox:

My fingers itch when these issues come up to post something. I sure your's do as well. I say this because it seems that instead of contacting me privately to see what can be done about the problems these users have faced, they resort to blasts like the ones that they have done right here in this forum.

There is a level of respect I do expect - and, at the risk of disappoint ing many prospects and current customers - I reserve the right to maintain some self-dignity while conducting business. Read that as you'd like, I'm now a firm believer in this.

Roj
    I am niyogi.

I am only posting an honest opinion of my experience with varhosting. If you disagree with my opinion then explain why instead of accusing me of resorting to blasts. It is not resorting to blasting.
    This is a forum about webhosting, and this thread is about your webhost. I was a customer of yours for many months. There's my justification for posting here.

Well, what i think is this nice guy needs a smart manager to handle his customers as follow up is as necessary as getting new prospects which I am sure he must be doing but it seems that he is busy with other issues as well which keeps him away.

Quoting Roj
    "There is a level of respect I do expect - and, at the risk of disappoint ing many prospects and current customers - I reserve the right to maintain some self-dignity while conducting business."

The 1st thing business in business lessons is Customer Stands 1st roj Thats not the case with you. One one post you accused me of having some personal vendetta against you but thats not the case as iam not the only one here with a bad opinion about you and i think i've told my story enough here but the fact which still holds up is, you have clients who are not satisfied and we are ex-clients here to tell world that look if you want trouble go to them. Nothing wrong in it considering all the poor customer service you provide. I never actually made a mention of it but it seems your online support is not even capable of answering some simple questions, i remember asking them whats the best you can offer me for 10/15/20$ monthly and all they said was email roj and he'll tell you I did never took that otherwise untill now when people actually tell your live support only gives canned replies . And i remember contacting another host, incognito, though i never went with them when i opted for your hosting and i regret it, i do hold a very high opinion of that host cause now if i put things in order, i remember that company's customer service actually giving me custom quotes on fly without having to email anyone and even setup a custom signup in seconds That too at midnight PST . A very small thing but shows the kind of opinion you would send out to masses.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast