Looking for Good/Bad info on Equinix IBX New York.

ok I am considering buying a Dedicated server from a friend who sells dedicated servers from Equinix IBX in the data center in new York. I searched already and only found one post that says it is the best data center out there. So if someone could please give me some good comments I'd like that. Thanks.

Equinix does not have an official IBX in NYC. They have space within NYC Connect, the 111 8th Ave Meet Me Room. Equinix, as a whole runs very professional and enterprise level datacenters however this one is more or less just an extension of their Newark and Secaucus datacenters and to boot, does not have 24x7 access.

You should probably consider a provider within Equinix Secaucus or Newark.

Whoops, my friend saw this post and just Imed me and said it is the New Jersey, not New York. So anyone know anything about it, sorry for the incorrect information in first post... sadly I can't edit the post because it is over 15 min from now

Originally posted by crnc
    Equinix does not have an official IBX in NYC. They have space within NYC Connect, the 111 8th Ave Meet Me Room. Equinix, as a whole runs very professional and enterprise level datacenters however this one is more or less just an extension of their Newark and Secaucus datacenters and to boot, does not have 24x7 access.

You should probably consider a provider within Equinix Secaucus or Newark.
    Thanks for that information, but look at my post before this one

There are two IBXes in north New Jersey. There's Newark, and then Secaucus.

Equinix facilities are of the highest quality. However, the connectivity your friend has, depends on who his provider(s) are.