What do you think , versaweb

Hello guys , i have ordered a server from versaweb last thursday

still till now i get nothing from them , it is like no one is there

do you know anything about them , are they fine ?

I ordered Xeon Enterprise 2.8Ghz:

Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz CPU's
    160GB SATA Hard Drive
    1024MB DDR RAM
    1500GB Premium Bandwidth
    2 Free IP Addresses*
    Remote Reboot Port
    Linux or Windows
    Free 40G RAID-5 Backup

do you know any other that can provide Xeon Enterprise 2.8Ghz

and how long it takes to set it up and be ready for me

demo77,

Personally I've used steadfastnetworks.com - one of the decent providers in my books.

Obviously there are many others out there though - just be sure to contact them ahead of this time and ensure that they do exist.

//Chargeback with versaweb.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

HP-David

so you don't know them w w w . versaweb . net

I heard that they are very good , if not i will call the bank to cancel it and get my money back because they don't show me that they are wroking or even trying to help me ,,

plz guys any trusted and perefect one

i'm looking for Xeon Enterprise 2.8Ghz:

Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz CPU's
    160GB SATA Hard Drive
    1024MB DDR RAM
    1500GB Premium Bandwidth
    2 Free IP Addresses*
    Remote Reboot Port
    Linux or Windows
    Free 40G RAID-5 Backup

thanks

Check out allmanaged.com or resellerworkz.com both have an excellent reputation here. Good luck

It is people like you that make hosting impossible.

Keep in mind it is memorial day weekend ... most companies will not do setups on holiday weekends. I can assure you rob at versaweb is a solid guy, just give them a call tommorow
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

It is too often that "charge back" is being suggested here especially from a web-host. Did they get too many charge backs that feel that someone else should get charge back or is it the evil of making competitors get charge back.

I've dealt with Rob before, he is very nice and professional, but sometimes you have to write to him more than once to get his attention. Try shooting him another support ticket.

Just to clarify this situation, most of our sales staff was away for the memorial day holiday. We filled all orders ASAP once everyone was back in the office, including the dual xeon order referenced above.

HP-David, I also find it interesting that you would suggest charging back the order with the limited amount of information provided, and absolutely no experience dealing with our company at all. Chargebacks are what costs you and everybody else so much money in merchant fees on the business end and in interest expense on the consumer end. Sometimes I really wonder about the industry we work in and the world we live in today...
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle

Versaweb has pure Internap! That counts for soemthing, especially with the low pricing on it...

I was curious about this company too, I'm glad the topic was brought up. There is an offer on these boards from them that looks pretty decent but it kinda scared me going to their site and seeing alot of stuff mis-spelled and a few broken links.. I know this isn't an end all of a company but this is the first thing you see when you look at a company for the first time..

But either way.. More feedback from current customers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Im a current customer of versaweb for almost a year ( a month or 2 shy of a year) and there a great company Rob bends over backwards darn near to help or fix any issues that may arise.

My server setup time was less then a week because i requested some custom hardware config.

Not every dedicated provider in this industry rolls out servers in 72hours some use pre-fab servers from dell etc..

Rob custom builds every and each server, installs the os and controlpanel and then of coarse you configure your server (piece of cake for most that know how to admin there server)..

when i first got my server i had some HDD errors and later i got a new server replacement without any extra charges and had it up and running within a few days..

Support:
    overall support is good when i submit a ticket i get anwsered within 12 hours or less..sometimes it takes a little longer if im submiting one during a holiday or an odd hour of the nite, if my ticket is an urgent ( like down time or network issue) by the time i get an anwser its already fixed =)

Payments:
    i been ontime with my payments to versaweb all but 1 month
    there was an issue with my CC and i contacted Rob and let em know and i DIDNT get my server unplugged and versaweb was paid within that week or 2.

About 3 or 4 months into using versaweb they accidently charged my card twice and i contacted versaweb and i was refunded the second charge immediatly!! and with no fuss..

as far as im concerned versaweb is a honest company and ill continue to use them till they prove me wrong which hasnt happened and im sure it wont..

I have many Small to medium sized clients that i host there business sites and iv NEVER had a complaint nor any complaints from my non-business hosted clients..

Speed is great..every once an blue moon iv seen a hiccup in the network but thats from that datacenter side and has been fixed quickly.. iv never fell below 96% down time since iv been with versaweb..

OCXBIOS

Awesome. Great response david.

No real advice on how to deal with his situation, no recommendation to try a phone call or an email or anything - just straight to chargback.

Oh and then your standard plug for steadfast - awesome.
    Perhaps they aren't "paying" you but im sure you will be happy to renegotiate your contract in a few months when they have gained a few more customers and up their bandwidth commits. Perhaps that is a too harsh a jab, but i havn't seen someone plug a company on WHT as much as you are in a while - especially a newer, yet unproven company.

Unless a company has an auto-provisioning system for dedicated servers then people should understand that most things don't get done over the weekend in the business world. And for versaweb's prices, I wouldn't expect an immediate callback at 3 in the morning on a weekend either unless there was an emergency.

Originally posted by HP-David
    demo77,

Personally I've used steadfastnetworks.com - one of the decent providers in my books.

Obviously there are many others out there though - just be sure to contact them ahead of this time and ensure that they do exist.

the end of the world is upon us...absolute power corrupting absolutely...free speech is never free...

...mod friendly signature compliant

Unless a company has an auto-provisioning system for dedicated servers then people should understand that most things don't get done over the weekend in the business world. And for versaweb's prices, I wouldn't expect an immediate callback at 3 in the morning on a weekend either unless there was an emergency.
    In the business world machines get setup 24x7. In the "One man show, I want to do this part time world" you are correct..

This isn't a jab at versaweb, Just a general concensus..

seeing alot of stuff mis-spelled and a few broken links..
    Please let me know if you see anything like this on our site. We did catch a single incorrect spelling on our site recently, but I have not been made aware of any broken links or incorrectly spelled words, and link check or spell check have not yeilded any problems with the site either.

As far as having an auto-provisioning sytem or other cool toys like that, it's just not cost effective for smaller hosts like us. Then again, when was the last time you called up and talked to the CEO/owner of ThePlanet or EV1? They have cool stuff like auto-provisioning sytems, but there is no access for Joe Average Customer to anyone but some $8/hr support guy or their sales person. Some customers like knowing that they are more than just a number, and are willing to wait 24-48 hours to get a server online in trade for having that kind of access.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle

Originally posted by Rob T

As far as having an auto-provisioning sytem or other cool toys like that, it's just not cost effective for smaller hosts like us. Then again, when was the last time you called up and talked to the CEO/owner of ThePlanet or EV1? They have cool stuff like auto-provisioning sytems, but there is no access for Joe Average Customer to anyone but some $8/hr support guy or their sales person. Some customers like knowing that they are more than just a number, and are willing to wait 24-48 hours to get a server online in trade for having that kind of access.
    Rob,
    that is very true.
    However what I see lacking here its communication.
    Most people are fine with waiting extra time for some quality
    but most get a bit nervous when they don't hear anything about
    the status of their order for a few days.
    I think a simple e-mail letting him know about the status would've
    solved all this.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by buba69
    Oh and then your standard plug for steadfast - awesome.
    Perhaps they aren't "paying" you but im sure you will be happy to renegotiate your contract in a few months when they have gained a few more customers and up their bandwidth commits. Perhaps that is a too harsh a jab, but i havn't seen someone plug a company on WHT as much as you are in a while - especially a newer, yet unproven company.

We do not give ANY benefits to anyone that mentions us here on WHT, so I am definitely not a fan of the insinuation. As far as the "newer, yet unproven company" statement, we have been offering web hosting since 1998 and have now been offering dedicated servers and colocation for over a year. As far as unproven, we have many good reviews on these boards and I feel we have proven our level of service, in regards to dedicated and colo clients, over the past year. It is not as if we rose up last month and any company that is doing things right will have people recommending them. I have seen similar from customers of GNAX, LayeredTech, etc, yet no one pounces on them...

Also, I don't know of many dedicated server providers that don't setup systems on weekends...
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

yanno these threads that nit pick and slap companys around expecially people that have NEVER used the company personaly just plain out suck..its pretty simple to figure out if your going to use a provider or not.

if you are looking to save money, then you can NOT possibly
    expect support to be quck (most of the time) some dedicated providers are resellers of resellers.. or a reseller of an offical provider and if there is an issue and u need support and the support tech doesnt know the anwser..he then has to get the anwser to anwser you and by that time to much time has passed and you get ticked off about it..when KNOWINGLY you knew about the company being a reseller and you come to these forums moaning about it..rather then doing something bout it..

iv gone threw hell and back with a few providers myself but im not gonna come on this forum crying and screaming on here.Unless i had been a victom of a crime from a provider..then id post my facts and information about what happen for others to view.

to be real honest im surpised some of these providers dont sue for slander or of such nature about them..most of the time be hard to do since most of us hide being a NICK name unless known.

also there are ALWAYS 2 sides of a storie, not just one..so if someone says.." hey how good is this company?" and one comes back an says oh they screwed me over they suck go else where blah blah blah..ok..wheres the OTHER side of the storie?..do they suck because YOU didnt know how to run a server and YOU screwed things up and didnt want to pay the support techs to help you or fix your issue or you want FREE FREE FREE all the time?..if all business providers gave everything FREE theyd just shut down shop and go home..

come on people we cant get everything for a deal all the time..yes its nice to be spoiled and grab that awsome server for xxx$ amount...

ill also agree that yes..some businesses just should NOT be in business, but then again..its not for ME to say weither or not it is ir isnt..busineses doing fraud and scamin ppl yea.get off the business markets!!!! lol

OCXBIOS