Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What do you willingly pay for that others think is extravagant?

I guess when m-ms were first changed to SKIM MILK/MILKFAT and i was going from store to store buying $50 or more of all older original m-ms i could find my mom/dad thought was a bit excessive i guess........ (I also did the same when hershey bars were changed from SOYA LECITHIN to SOY LECITHIN and now taste like crap!!)

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

that's silly. People think I'm nuts paying for HOSTING.

Got a friend who bought burberry sunglasses and handbag recently and I thought she was nuts.
    remy

My non-hosting-savvy friends think I'm crazy for spending so much on servers and what not, and then tell me they've seen deals at £1.00 per month giving them unlimited bandwidth!

My parents think I'm crazy spending hundreds on DVDs, however, for me, it's necessary entertainment!

My mother thinks my spending on technical/electronic gadgets and what not is excessive; such as MP3 players, mobile phones, computer components, etc.

Often the extravagance is only a result of a lack of knowledge. It's often vital for one to say, spend a lot on hosting as the space, capacity and bandwidth is a requirement.
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

I had this workshop out back which included a lathe, vertical and horizontal milling machines, a shaper, etc. My wife's grandmother visited and asked me what I made with it all. I showed her an example, a mechanical clock where a small earth was the hour indicator, a brass moon the minute and a small spacecraft was the second hand. She said "No, no, I mean how much money do you make with it."

I guess she had never meet any geeks.

some people i know think i am crazy because of the stuff i buy to go fast.. I am really into racing / dirtbikes / cars etc. My girlfriend said to me today "what are you going to achive buying all this stuff?" my reply was nothing, just an adrenaline rush. I like her tho she doesnt mind getting dirty (and i dont mean in that way you horn dogs)
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I would have to say my hobby of amateur rocketry. Some of the larger size motors I use can cost upwards of $400 for a single commercial load. Add to that the cost of the rocket itself, the avionics on board, wireless video, etc. Some people have said they can't understand spending that kind of money to shoot something into the air. On the otherhand I can't understand spending lots of money to try and knock a small white ball into a hole. It all depends on what you like.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

I bought an Alienware laptop which are rare to see people with. I bought the ionic breeze air purifier which people think im nuts for buying. I buy lots of stuff but oh well, I consider it all entertainment to enjoy life better

$20 cigars.
    $150 restaurant meals.
    $200 bottles of port.

I tend to spend a lot of money on things that can be ingested.

Camping Equipment and electronics!

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

cameras theres a way to spend money!

I guess were all extravagant compared to the poor in the world.
    --
    Rich

DVDs and Computer Parts.

Since newegg.com opened up their dvd store I have a problem.
    Last edited by cywkevin; 05-30-2005 at 06:44 PM.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Wow... i dont have nothing extravagant to buy.. Cause i cant afford it lolz.. I just pay my regular bills. I wish i can afford one. But if i can im sure i will be on Electronics and Cars!

www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

My $2500.00 English Bulldog puppy, named Naughty.
    James Edmonds
    DataDork Consulting
    http://www.datadork.com

There is nothing I spend a lot of money on. I have a Buddhist kind of mindset that I like to keep things simple and not have too many possessions or attachments. I like being able to save a lot of money for a rainy day and retirement. I have fun looking for good deals.

The last expensive thing I bought was a 32" television for $210 brand new from Wal-Mart. I love the big picture, it's a big upgrade from the 19" I had for years, it's great when playing video games or watching movies, but it's so heavy!

Drumset is where all my money goes, basically. I have two drumsets combined into one and working on building another one with some customized pieces.
    Christian Koehler
    Racked Hosting
    Web Hosting, Unmetered Dedicated Hosting and SHOUTcast Hosting
    +1.866.5RACKED (ext. 802)

Originally posted by DataDork
    My $2500.00 English Bulldog puppy, named Naughty.
    Ah.....Could we see a picture please??

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Spending time and money into my machine and things online. To everyone else as long as it gets online its ok

People probably think I am crazy for having an empty refrigerator and eating out for all my meals.

Currrent items in refrigerator:

4 cans of coke and 1 bottle of hot sauce
    ••If one picture is worth a thousand words, what is the value of an entire movie?••
    ••Check out our flash tutorials here ••
    Webhosting :: Reseller Accounts :: Customized Flash Tutorials
    http://www.ivialis.com :: sales@ivialis.com

the girlfriend.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

Originally posted by The Dude
    Ah.....Could we see a picture please??
    No problem! I got divorced last year, after 18 years of marriage, and I simply could not have gotten through it without her. She is such an awesome dog.

Her is Natasha (aka Naughty) at around 10 weeks.
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/15000322611.jpg&s=x4

Here she is now, at around 10 months.
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/15000341120.jpg&s=x4
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/15000353499.jpg&s=x4
    Last edited by DataDork; 05-31-2005 at 01:49 AM.
    James Edmonds
    DataDork Consulting
    http://www.datadork.com

SEX

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

I would have thought your answer would be weddings Doc.

Expensive sports cars.

Originally posted by blue27
    I would have thought your answer would be weddings Doc.
    Well in my case sex and weddings amounts to the same thing. I probably have done both an equal amount of times.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

I spend far too much money on eating, and being social. Pretty much I waste money on stuff to amuse and entertain myself.

My cell phone is my biggest problem. I must have the biggest and best at all times, its a disease. On the other hand, my friend has the absolute bare bones basic model that cost $20. I wanted to cry when i saw it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast