Thread: Help Please

Help Please

Now my site is almost up, I need to get noticed on the World Wide Web, do you know any places I can list my business for free or paid. Where do you lot Advertise?

Thanks,

The pictures on your website aren't working...

Have you submitted your site to search engines? There are some free services available, e.g. www.submitexpress.com.
    Besides SE submission and advertisements, you could look into webrings and directories. Do a google search.
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

qoheleth...

Thanks, I'll take a look now. :-)

FestiveHosting...

Pictures are loading fine this end, have another try.

Originally posted by CMTHosting
    qoheleth...

Thanks, I'll take a look now. :-)

FestiveHosting...

Pictures are loading fine this end, have another try.
    They still don't load for me. Ehh. Anyways there are a ton of free search engine submission sites available through yahoo and the such. Also places like this provide good advertisement.

I don't recommend submitting to search engines, but recommend reading this thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=409069
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Ok Thanks!

Right, do not submit to search engines... waste of time. But submitting to directories does at least give you some incoming links; good for PageRank.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Just a suggestion, so there won't be any confusion with your customers you might put an MB after your transfer (bandwidth) numbers. Never underestimate the power of someone out there to think your base plan includes 1,000GB and be mad when it doesn't...
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

I'm no professional but here is what I can tell you:

First of remember that you probably wont be an instant success, you are going to need a lot of patience to become successfull.

1. Google advertising services are great. http://www.google.com/ads/

2. Have some special deal on your hosting packages, discounts etc. and let people know about them (you can start that here by posting in the offers section).

3. Put out some ads on a popular site but dont spend to much on it, this is great for getting your name out, but you wont get many customers from this.

4. Submitting to a search engine wont hurt, but eventually they will come over you and youll automatically be submitted.

5. Here is one that I know some people wont agree on but whatever, Give to the community so that in the long run you they will give back to you. You can offer someone free hosting for a project that want to do but dont have the money to start, or if someone doesnt have enough money to pay for a hotsting package, make a discount for him so that (since they will like you because you did a favor to them) they will recommend you to others.

6. Approach potential customers directly and talk to them about getting online and how you can do it all for them.

Here are some things to keep in mind:

Be creative! Web hosting is a very competitive market, you need to distinguish yourself from the rest of the competition so that you get clients. That means you have to do lots of thinking and come up wiht unique advertising strategies. Dont be a follower, be a leader.

Write out a business plan if you already havent. Know what you want to do, what your long-term and short-term goals are and how to accomplish them. Where do you want to be in 5, 10, 20 years with this? Try to be as detailed as you can be.

Sorry If this is crappy, If you guys find mistakes or something tell me and I'll edit this.