Unhappy 1 and 1 is not working out for me!

I pruchased the dedicated server from them every thing was good but the addon scripts that they have in plesk. When me and one of my clients try to use site builder or any other scripts the language is german since Im from the US and also my clients are too, there is no use for them. I tried to contact support 4 times about the problem they said it will be fixed but nothing happend, I email them regarding the problem also nothing. Im just going to have to move out now and luckly I did all test on all scripts before transfering my clients there. Time is money and I have to move on.

Thank you

What made you/What compelled you/What pulled you/What posessed you to actually get from 1and1?

They have one of the WORST (if not the worst) support that anyone could ever imagine and their service is the dumps. You choose them at 1st and now you're complaining about them? Well... I guess you should have done your homework 1st huh?

Anyway, my advice is to bail before it is too late. If you keep on staying with the worst, you'd most probably go from Good to Average to Bad to WORST yourself.

Good luck on your new host!
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

productive,

Sad to hear that. Have you tried contacting their Customer Support via telephone?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

1and1 are the most useless company I have ever dealt with.

I had an account with them for 3 years back in late 2000 and there service went from good to bad to aweful to terrible! That was with the UK side of it though.
    ...loading

Originally posted by maxo
    productive,

Sad to hear that. Have you tried contacting their Customer Support via telephone?

yes I have tried to call them by telephone. I talked with support 4 times regarding the problem they said that they would make it a priority but nothing has happened I still got the problem its been a week already.

I've always seen 1 and 1 (UK) as a good, reliable and responsible company. As of late though their support quality has decreased rapidly.
    Stephen James - [email protected]
    http://www.solidus-services.com
    - Quality, Reliable and Affordable Hosting.

But let me ask you with there root server is there a money back because I was reading and it said something about the monthly contract that if the person cancels the account they will be charged for the entire 24 months is that correct? Or am i reading wrong. Becase if they do that, it is not my fault they have addon modulars in plesk in another language thats there fault . They know Im from the U.S and it is not usfull for me or my clients. Is that true and if so what should I do?

Thank You

I'm not trying to teach you something bad but if they are really that bad to you(which I have no doubt they are), then you could just tell them that you want to cancel the server with them because of this and if they insist that they need to charge you for the remaining months and etc., then just tell them that it's unfair and since the techs are not helping, you couldn't be held responsible for doing so.

If they still insist that you pay the full 24-month, then tell them goodbye and after that, call your credit card company. Tell them that you would like to do a chargeback and block 1and1 from charging you again. Explain the entire story to them and I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you out.

Your credit card company is your friend. 99% of the time, they are on your side. Unless you did something wrong to begin with, your CC Company will most probably be on your side.

Hope this helps... take care. Have fun...
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Hm, in Germany 1and1 and Strato are the best in Hosting Solutions, but when it comes to support issues, they suck bigtime. Dont take a dedicated on 1and1, NEVER, and i mean it...

Originally posted by aodat2
    I'm not trying to teach you something bad but if they are really that bad to you(which I have no doubt they are), then you could just tell them that you want to cancel the server with them because of this and if they insist that they need to charge you for the remaining months and etc., then just tell them that it's unfair and since the techs are not helping, you couldn't be held responsible for doing so.

If they still insist that you pay the full 24-month, then tell them goodbye and after that, call your credit card company. Tell them that you would like to do a chargeback and block 1and1 from charging you again. Explain the entire story to them and I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you out.

Your credit card company is your friend. 99% of the time, they are on your side. Unless you did something wrong to begin with, your CC Company will most probably be on your side.

Hope this helps... take care. Have fun...
    Thank You for the advice I will do just that in the mornning

Thank You.

Good luck,
    add this to the number of people who have been screwed by 1and1.
    You're better off with Layeredtech!!!

Thats what Im looking into now. i saw that in the dedicated part of this forum.

Thank You for your help