Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't post too often.

Considering that the threshold is 8000 posts.

Well this is the best place to get help, and thats what people do... If i was of great knowledge as most of these people program and design, better then me, i would put my skills to use, and help more and more..

They spam alot :X I guess some of them won't take that for an answer though :X
    Warning: include('signature') [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in eval'd code on line 38
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'signature' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in eval'd code on line 38

I think most of my posts are recording stuff down in the dungeons

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    I always used to think that my posting was a byproduct of my reading.

But, now that I read more and post less, I suppose I have to re-work that thinking a bit.
    I just read your latest blog entry, and I sound like I'm in the stage you were describing, responding as a biproduct of my reading.

I seem to remember that when I first joined you posted a lot, but now it seems more like 3-4 times a day.

I wonder how much extra time I would have if I stopped posting here everyday....
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Some people post alot

Keep in mind these forums have been around for years and I imagine alot of the members post while working.

There is always a reason to post:
    http://svt.rude.se/
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by Samuel
    There is always a reason to post:
    http://svt.rude.se/
    This site has been suspended.

I wonder if posting goes up just before exams. You know, any distraction from studying.

Originally posted by projo
    I wonder if posting goes up just before exams. You know, any distraction from studying.
    I am not sure about that, but it will pick up in about a month when North American high school students get out for the summer and start hosting companies to make money. Then in the fall you will see a lot of hosting companies forsale because they don't have time to run them. At least that is what I noticed last summer.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Some people have too much spare time on their hands. I just go one whenever I have a spare moment or am just bored.
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

I think I average like 1.2 posts per day...

I would love to hit 10k by newyears
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Some people read more then posting but its true that people having tons of posts get little more respect.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Originally posted by Camp2Win
    This site has been suspended.
    Got it!

http://svt.se/content/1/c6/17/76/52/..._fredag_hi.ram

Load it, then SEEK TO (Right click on slider) 10 minutes 0 seconds.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    If I'm really *on* WebHostingTalk, I'm usually *really* on. This means that I'm replying to posts and possibly starting a new thread for a matter of a couple of hours, sometimes off and on. Thus, when I do this, I might happen to post 50 times. Other times, like today, I might post a few times, but nothing major. It's all about what I feel like doing that day.
    I am the same way. Or some days I am only on for a hour then some days I am on for many hours in a day. Just depends...

I have 1.06 posts a day average. I go through cycles of posting a lot and then not having the time for a few weeks and then finding the time.
    -- Matthew

I've got a lot of posts here because I have basically spent 16 hours a day online, and I was working our helpdesk/forum etc, so WHT was just a part of that interaction.
    Exactly that.

I too built up my posts while working 10 hours a day on our helpdesk etc. I did most my posts in a span of about 1 year when I was doing all the roles within my company... myself

Now I spend a lot less time at my desk and as a result I dont post much to WHT. Infact Ive been going days without even visiting this place.... cant say im missing it either
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Is that because you joy ride in your nice car?

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Exactly that.

I too built up my posts while working 10 hours a day on our helpdesk etc. I did most my posts in a span of about 1 year when I was doing all the roles within my company... myself

Now I spend a lot less time at my desk and as a result I dont post much to WHT. Infact Ive been going days without even visiting this place.... cant say im missing it either

I think some people have alot to say while some dont, or just miss the chance.

High post counts can just mean the person is actually running their business form home and uses this as a method of downtime to help and advertise, or is doing really well and just has fun on boards.
    Either way doesnt really mean a thing and should not mean a thing to anyone unless they are bored enough to look at the post count (which i do too sometimes hehe)

Just post when you have something interesting to add, or if you dont want to seem like the "new guy" and have 10 posts just like the reason im writting this one in a sort of way lol

If I have some info that wasnt shared already and want to add it to a convo, I will, otherwise i just read and learn from the people that jump on em first.

I got alot of information over the years reading this board for example, and even before i registered as a user. The people who post alot, or a little..everyone helps keep a forum popular and informative which is the whole reason for it most of the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12