Strange entry in apache logs

I haven't looked at my error logs in a few weeks, but today I noticed a lot of new entries I've never seen before.

[Sun May 29 14:46:28 2005] [error] [client] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/404_IGNORE_THIS_REQUEST.html

A lot of those type of records in my error logs, and are usually bunched together.

I've googled this, and all I had was one response that you shouldn't worry about it. I'd like to know why theres the "Ignore This Request" suffix all of a sudden, and why there happens to be a whole lot of them.

Any ideas?

California USA
    could be something in the users .htaccess file
    Steven Ciaburri | Proactive Linux Server Management -
    Managed Servers (AS62710), Server Management, and Security Auditing.

Are you on a reseller or VPS host? I see plenty of such entries on my reseller account as well. I thought it might be due to the unique way the web host has configured error reporting. Not sure.

No, its a dedicated server, and I'm running that website off of it. I'm also using Cpanel, and APF, and think maybe one of them modified error handling in some way.

It could be APF, though I doubt it's cPanel based on the plenty of other sites I've seen hosted on cPanel, none with such log entries.