CPU Temps and RPM's with AMD opteron's 246's

i was doing some CPU burn-ins to see what are the temps on a stock AMD Opteron 246's HeatSink.

Case: ThermalRock Dragon RH-M020-1SW Black/Silver Aluminum/Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Now what i found out.

This is a test of CPU Burn-In after 8/9 hour's at 100% percent load. Case Closed, all fans working.

CPU1 Temp: 111F
    CPU2 Temp: 109F
    CPU1 RPM: 3000's
    CPU2 RPM: 3800's

System at idle in bios about 45 mins after the Burn-In.
    Case Open, Side fans turned off.

CPU1 Temp: 107F
    CPU2 Temp: 102F
    CPU1 RPM: 3100's
    CPU2 RPM: 3200's

Is it a bad fan? or should i re-apply Arctic Silver 5 again, i may have put to much.

Please give your thought's and your experiences.

I forgot to add.

CPU1 VRM Temp: 105F
    CPU2 VRM Temp: 107F

it's likely that the temp sensors are not accurate to more than +/- 5F so I'm not sure those numbers are much of a concern.
    SERVERAXIS The arms dealer for startups
    SSD VPS and HDD Storage VPS
    Bare Metal Dedicated Servers
    Chicago - Miami

It's just odd to me to see FAN1 run at 3000 - 3100 RPM and FAN2 run at 3200 - 3800.

Are you gathering those numbers from a utility like mbmon, or from the bios?

Many of the numbers on the AMD boards in mbmon have to be divided by two (specifically tyan boards), even so, 50+ degrees is quite hot.

you probably need to install new bios and make sure your OS supports PowerNow.

the numbers are in farenheit, not celcius. Temperature under load of 111F (44C) is not a cause of alarm. the spec limit is 70C

Originally posted by wm2100
    you probably need to install new bios and make sure your OS supports PowerNow.

the numbers are in farenheit, not celcius. Temperature under load of 111F (44C) is not a cause of alarm. the spec limit is 70C
    Whoops! Missed the Farenheit bit, my error there.

The power management is probably setting the speed of the fans to what it thinks is good for the temperature of what it thinks the chips are, which may be off by a small amount, thus the difference in fan speed. Also the sensor montoring the fan speed could be inaccurate aswell. I think your coolers are ok just your sensors are not real accurate, but it's not that unusual.
    SERVERAXIS The arms dealer for startups
    SSD VPS and HDD Storage VPS
    Bare Metal Dedicated Servers
    Chicago - Miami

Tyan's sensors are not very accurate, sometimes, the tyan program reports that fan speed being 0 (stays 0, even after many refreshes)

Also keep in mind that the BIOS generally uses a busy loop for 'idle,' since you don't spend enough time there to bother with a complex solution. Real operating systems will drop into a lower power state to idle, so they will run cooler than what you see in BIOS.
    Game Servers are the next hot market!
    Slim margins, heavy support, fickle customers, and moronic suppliers!
    Start your own today!