* need help in finding a host

I was wondering if any of you all could help me or point me in the right direction ? i'm looking for a host to sell my art work on and i'd like to go pretty cheap- about 5.00 a month. i have a new computer ( compaq-presario sr1230nx ) but don't have any of the software on it like- frontpage,dreamweaver, etc.. to build my site with. and no money to get it. i have windows xp on it . my first question is - do i need a windows host ? or can i use any of them that offer templets ? i saw some that offered frontpage extensions. do i need frontpage to use those ? i also have a sellers acc. with paypal through ebay, will that work on my web sight , once i get it up ? as you can see i'm a newbe at this and just starting out and any help would be appreciated. and if you could point me to a few good host to check out that would be great. one other thing... i do have window blinds program in my computer. would that work in building a site ? Thanks all... dave

You can use a host on any platform - windows or linux
    I believe there are a few sites that give free templates out, search google
    You need frontpage to use the frontpage extensions
    You can integrate your paypal account with your website
    I believe Window Blinds is a program for skinning windows XP, so no, it wont help

Re: need help in finding a host

Originally posted by davidzzz
    I was wondering if any of you all could help me or point me in the right direction ? i'm looking for a host to sell my art work on and i'd like to go pretty cheap- about 5.00 a month. i have a new computer ( compaq-presario sr1230nx ) but don't have any of the software on it like- frontpage,dreamweaver, etc.. to build my site with. and no money to get it. i have windows xp on it . my first question is - do i need a windows host ? or can i use any of them that offer templets ? i saw some that offered frontpage extensions. do i need frontpage to use those ? i also have a sellers acc. with paypal through ebay, will that work on my web sight , once i get it up ? as you can see i'm a newbe at this and just starting out and any help would be appreciated. and if you could point me to a few good host to check out that would be great. one other thing... i do have window blinds program in my computer. would that work in building a site ? Thanks all... dave
    There are TONS of WAREZ out there... just steal one and install it at home. I'm sure that you'll be able to get one off the net easily. Install it, create your webpage and then... say goodbye to the software. Or if you really like it, just keep the software. I'm sure that a lot of people actually do it. It's no point that everyone else does it and you trying to be all truthful and what not.

Gosh... I am so bad... asking people to use pirated stuff. But hey... it's what everyone does. Join in the bandwagon. LOL.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

You could use FrontPage Express to build your site. I believe it's free

Download FrontPage Express
    http://sssd.k12.ar.us/departments/dts/training/fp.htm

Tutorials for FrontPage Express
    http://www.thecoo.edu/~iverson/fpetu...s_tutorial.htm

Hi davidzzz,

As far as a hosting platform goes, you can use Windows or Linux. You will need MS Frontpage to take advantage of the extensions that are offered by hosts. You might want to consider, looking for a webhost that offers you sitebuilder software with ecommerce capabilities, that way you won't have to put out any money right now for design software. Look around the forums and you will find plenty of good hosts. Good luck with your search

Thanks all...for your quick help...

LOL...aodat2...

does anyone know anything about bravenet.com ?

does anyone know anything about bravenet.com ?
    yes, the free services are ok, they offer a lot of nice free scripts, though if you want something that isnt limited, you'd have to get/make your own scripting

Try and look for a host within directories like ppcforhosts.com or webhostdir.com which offer hosting with sitebuilders.

thanks again for all the help.... well i know nothen about scripting so the host would have to have an all in one newbie sitebuilder LOL- where i can just click, point, and type...lol at least until i learn the basics.

Yes.... there are a couple of hosts that offer Sitebuilder. (Honestly, I've tested that stuff just for fun, and found it pretty horrible... but that's just me!)
    I'd rather reiterate the recommendation for FrontPage Express, by DecentHost
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

i tryed down loadind frontpage express from here with no luck. it said- can not copy file - confirm.htm and survey.htm - files not found. but i did try. no i dont really....like the templets i've seen either, but don't have much of a choise. thanks anyway...dave

Free web-editor:

HTMLGate Free

Free templates:

MyFreeTemplates.com

Hundreds of (mostly free) scripts:

http://www.hotscripts.com
    http://www.bravenet.com

I hope that this would be helpful.

Finding a web-host should not be difficult.
    Last edited by Fulk; 05-29-2005 at 06:40 PM.

yes it does help. thanks fulk

You are welcome

host for yourself

why not host for yourself and do whatever u want.