Enom Reseller Account

Hey all, question about registering with enom reseller account. I read the tos and it didn't answer my question so I'm putting it out here. If I register with reseller with enom will I be able to get my domains at my pricing without creating a site to sell domains. I want to just register about 10 for now then create a domain reseller site in a few months which is why I'm going with Enom. Thanks for any help.

You can register the domains via the enom control panel - you dont need to use the API for registering domains through them or create a site.

Originally posted by mlovick
    You can register the domains via the enom control panel - you dont need to use the API for registering domains through them or create a site.

Thanks alot for info.

exactly you can use them as retail accounts for buying domains but you have to refill it by atleast $100 via paypal/creditcard or any amount by bank wire or checks.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Thanks, good to know, now I can open one up.

Yes, if all you want to do is register 10 domain names for yourself.. then just get a normal reseller account (or even a retail account) and then fill it up with enough to cover the cost of those 10 domains.

As Bashar said, there is no minimum amount if you send them a check or money order or wire transfer. There is only a $100 minimum if you use a credit card or paypal to fill up your account.

Then, once you're ready to start allowing customers to register domains.. you can easily create a registry rocket (R-Rocket) site where your customers can go and register domains using whatever pricing you've specified, etc...

Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Cool, thanks.

If the recent troubles at eNom is anything to go by (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=410270), you would not want to put all your eggs into one basket. Maybe you would like to consider registering your own domain name with a different registrar. This way if your future clients should encounter a similar problem, they would be able to find you at your site ... not that you'll be able to restore their sites, but at least you would be around to keep them posted of progress with the restoration of their service.
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Originally posted by qoheleth
    If the recent troubles at eNom is anything to go by (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=410270), you would not want to put all your eggs into one basket. Maybe you would like to consider registering your own domain name with a different registrar. This way if your future clients should encounter a similar problem, they would be able to find you at your site ... not that you'll be able to restore their sites, but at least you would be around to keep them posted of progress with the restoration of their service.
    Wow...looks like their DNS services are are below standards. Thanks alot for this update, good to know.

Originally posted by deadlyromio
    Wow...looks like their DNS services are are below standards.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Pretty much EVERY major vendor, regardless of the industry, has problems every once in a while. We have thousands of domains and resellers with their own domains with eNom and many of them use the eNom DNS services. We have rarely experienced any problems over the past 3+ years.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Originally posted by mrzippy
    Well, I wouldn't go that far. Pretty much EVERY major vendor, regardless of the industry, has problems every once in a while. We have thousands of domains and resellers with their own domains with eNom and many of them use the eNom DNS services. We have rarely experienced any problems over the past 3+ years.
    This is a fact. That is why as a matter of prudence, one would want to have some form of precautionary measures in place.

This is a fact. That is why as a matter of prudence, one would want to have some form of precautionary measures in place.
    Like what? Even google, microsoft, IBM, Dell, and other HUGE infrastructure vendors have suffered from various outages over the last year.

It happens. If it happens over and over and over, then this would indicate a problem. However, I don't believe eNom has suffered from repetitive problems...

Originally posted by mrzippy
    Like what? Even google, microsoft, IBM, Dell, and other HUGE infrastructure vendors have suffered from various outages over the last year.
    Like ...
    you would not want to put all your eggs into one basket.
    Maybe I need to clarify myself ... I'm not targeting eNom or any particular service provider. All users, whether resellers or clients, should exercise prudence for their own good.

Like ...

Maybe I need to clarify myself ... I'm not targeting eNom or any particular service provider. All users, whether resellers or clients, should exercise prudence for their own good.
    OK.. enom has a pretty large and distributed infrastructure. You should ask them for details, as it's pretty impressive, imho.

That being said, if someone initiates a DDOS against them then there's not a lot they can do, etc... Ditto for any large company, no matter what "prudence" they institute. Even google has been brought down by DDOS attacks a while ago.

Okay. Enom seems good but how does one get to the $6.95 mark without becoming an ETP?

Originally posted by TeraPipe.net
    Okay. Enom seems good but how does one get to the $6.95 mark without becoming an ETP?
    You can't. A while ago, they implemented a policy that means it is not possible to have a $6.95 account without becoming an ETP.

However, there are still $6.95 accounts floating around for sale.. try in the offers forum here, or ebay. Just be VERY careful about who is your parent reseller, because bad things can happen (like sudden pricing changes) if you are "under" someone dishonest.

For the sake of $1 or $2, it might be better to be under a reliable ETP, who is capable of offering good support, has good business practises, and will help you when necessary.

in the old days, it was possible for 6.95 ETPs to open 6.95 accounts (no limitation) and they used to sell them for $15 - $50

but now its limited by enom that 6.95 accounts can only create 8.95 reseller accounts only.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi