Keeping up testomonials from old customers?

I was browsing a competitors website and they had a quote from a customer saying "Great company etc..etc.". Now I believe its a genuine quote as there is contact details for the company but the IP for the website mentioned now points to another hosting company.

Now of course that doesn't look so great but I figure most customers wouldn't bother to check that and take it on face value. So with that in mind..

Woud you keep up testomonials from customers that have left? What about if they leave on good terms?

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Why not? Whats wrong with it, if they leave you dont know what reason it was for. Could have been a shortage of money etc etc, or they may be moving onto a dedicated or whatever. Id certainly leave them up. If the customers left on a good note they could leave a testimonial like "X company have been great they helped me build my bussiness etc" that would look real good.
    Dont hesitate to leave them up id say.
    Regards

How do you know the IP isn't a server that the host has in a different datacenter?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

The company I saw this on has thier own data center

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Unless the client asked specifically to have the testimonial removed why not leave it up?
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Woud you keep up testomonials from customers that have left?
    I see nothing wrong with it as long as the testimonial can be verified (is properly signed and has a link to a site) so you can very easily contact the author to verify if the review is still valid (they still feel the same way about the host).

We recently updated our testimonials page and I certainly did clean up some very good testimonials but by customers who left us a while ago (and they left for reasons other than being unhappy)

I see no point in keeping up testimonials from ex-customers. Potential customers want to see testimonials and sites from current customers. If your ex-customer's site is slow or is down at a time, it doesn't look too good
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner