Any idea for prevent CPU overheat

Last time My Raq3i CPU was overheat so I just replace the K6-500 cpu and it can run but I concern the cooling system...any idea? or Any program can automatically shutdown when teh cpu overheat or fan was stop?

Well I think there are CPU cooling fans that have temp-sensors... Personally, I have a Zalman fan and it really cools things down
    Check some company that specializes in cooling stuff.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

check your BIOS, a lot have a sensor to detect overheating and if that happens it will shutdown the server. Took me a while to figure out that was happening to my server.

Do a search on Google and you will probably find some great ways to prevent this.

Cool

install a case fan also and if your BIOS don't have anti-overheating features then install a program at the OS.
    Prime Outsourcing | offshore solutions | manual labor | staff leasing |
    because American & European labor are expensive

endpcnoise.com has some really nice cooling gear. I have nothing to do with them, just a suggestion.

Is your CPU in an enclosed space or where the back of it can breath? Sometimes taking the sides off helps keep it cooler too.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I read a while back that taking off the case isn't recommended as most systems have a cooling flow. A lot of times you can simply buy dual fan units for the server. What exactly in it is overheating? Is it the CPU, the HD's? First i'm make sure that the existing fans are spinning at the correct revolutions. You can check this with software, or the old way with a strobe light. If any fan is spinning too slow, replace it.

First I would suggest as others have suggested, make sure hardware is not bad (i.e. power supply, fans), as these things could really cause the internal temperature within the case to rise significantly. If you already have upgraded fans, or plan on doing that, here are some additional things you may want to take a look at:

Check your environment. Make sure your DC or room temperature is COLD, also, if your server is in a cabinet, make sure the top or side mount cabinet exhaust fans are blowing strong. Additionally, if you have heat build up within your cabinet, you may want to consider leaving at least 1U of empty space between each server.

Hope this helps some...

Best of luck!

Treotan, the AMD processor you're using is known to generate more heat than its Intel counterpart, and few of the bios for that generation of Socket 7 mainboards were equipped with heat warning system. These are some of the things that you'll need to watch out:
    1. Cooling system (as explained by the rest) -
    efficient processor and system fans, and power supply (try to use those recommended by AMD)
    2. Casing - one that affords good ventilation.
    3. Environment - ensure that your room is cool enough. Always remember that the temperature inside the case is relatively warmer than your room temperature.
    4. Are you overclocking? Double check your bios to ensure that setting is the right one for your particular processor speed.

On the other hand, I believe that the mainboard you're using is not suited for a server. So if you're pushing your system too much, it is likely to burn down in no time. Try to use the appropriate board if you're running a server.

Hope that all the info posted on this thread would help resolve your problem.
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Are you using the default heatsink and fan? If so this needs replacing immediately for a copper pipe unit, much more effective
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

As said earlier you'll need a better heatsink/fan and perhaps case fan that the regular oen. If I recall corredtly the RAQ 3 series were K6-2 300 and 350's. If you have replaced this with a 500MHz part you'll need additional cooling.
    "Obsolesence is just a lack of imagination."