Online Payment Without Leaving Checkout

I currently use PayPal and at checkout it takes them to the paypal cc processing page. My question is does paypal have "calls" you can make at your checkout page and actually charge the card at your checkout instead of taking them to their cc processing page? If so is it hard to make these "calls" or to enable them for your account?

If paypal doesnt allow that can you recommend me an online merchange that I can make "calls" to? I dont make huge monthly transactions, not even $1000.

Thanks
    Silly

I assume that you're using paypal's web payments standard or something similar to it. Paypal does have the option to where users can pay on your page and not theirs, it's called Web Payments Pro. Of course, Paypal isn't the only option for this as some (probably most) would suggest a merchant account/gateway which would also give you this option.

Like Tenzou said, Paypal Pro can be integrated the way you want it. However their discount rate is not the best.

Are you currently using a shopping cart? because if you want your customers to stay on your web site keep in my the following:

1) You will need a shopping cart
    2) SSL Certificate
    3) If not using paypal pro, then you will need a Merchant account and gateway.

I always recommend authorize.net, you will find many shopping carts with the gateway already integrated. The cost of that can be as follows:

Authorize.net Set up: $99
    Authorize.net Monthly Cost: $7.5
    Merchant Account Monthly Cost: $5
    Visa/Mastercard discount rate: 2.2%

Good luck in your search,
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

If you are based in the United States, check out CDG commerce for that amount of volume. They are compatible with the gateway Authorizenet.com but having only Authorizenet.com will not allow you to accept credit cards - you need a merchant account.

Thanks for the mention, Corey.

As Corey says, you will need both a merchant account and Authorize.net.

In terms of the actual pricing for what you are looking for, just keep in mind that it varies according to which merchant account provider you sign up with. Sometimes there is a setup fee, sometimes there is not and all of the other fees vary as well.

If you are processing < $1,000, the most important thing to look for is a merchant account without any monthly minimum requirement. A lot of merchant accounts have a $25 monthly minimum on top of a statement and gateway fee. That isn't of any concern for a merchant processing over $1,000 but for smaller volumes, it can definitely add to your total cost.

In addition, if you can sign up for a merchant account program without any kind of early termination fee - that is also a plus. This way, if you later decide - say a few weeks or months down the road - that you don't want to continue with it, you can cancel the service without having to worry about paying a termination fee.

With respect to the actual integration on your Web site, there are a number of ways that this can be done with Authorize.net. One way is through the Authorize.net SIM (Simple Integration Method) whereby Authorize.Net will provide the SSL order page for you, saving you the cost and time of your own secure certificate.

You would just need to implement some code to point your customer over to the AuthNet page for your transaction to be processed. You can also do it behind the scenes using the AIM Method, however this will require you to have your own secure certificate.

Best of luck with whichever direction you choose to go!
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Hi,

But I am outside US and prefer something better to 2CO.. any recommendations?
    Jackson Yap
    APC Hosting
    http://www.apc.sg/

Phone: 732-441-7200 x107
    Toll Fre: 1-800-313-2265 x107
    EM nancy@officialims.com
    &
    www.forcetronix.com
    www.safepaysolutions.com