Thread: unlimited

unlimited

i am having some what of a problem. one of my cliants is demanding me to set him up with unlimited bandwith. or he is leaving because he said he can get the unlimited for the same price he is paying now witch is ($3.95/mo) now i have never had to deal with this before and i have tryed my best to explain that me nor anyone else can offer true unlimited bandwith. any suggestions?

Let him leave...

He'll learn
    Last edited by eSited; 05-28-2005 at 12:53 PM.

Wish him luck and say good bye....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

$3.95/mo isn't going to hit your bottom line so let the client leave but keep a copy of their files around. If they do come back you can get the setup quickly and easily

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

one of my reason i got worry about it was that he had said i could expect a bad feedback on wht if i did not honor his request. i have not had a bad review on here yet and really dont want one but i guess i will have to live with it because i cannot offer that request

Well if he does come here and post saying you wouldn't do "unlimited" I'm sure 99.9% of the replies will say hes an idiot. Also if you link back to this thread it will add weight to you case.

There is an old saying "You can't make everyone happy all the time". Every businsess will at some point get a bad review its just a matter of accepting it as something that happens in this business. If anything a "bad review" in this case will show that you have integrity which will be better for you

rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

I would take a tactful approach rather than "OK just leave" because he might then use that as fodder to say "Look how bad these people treat their customers". Let him be the only one to act immaturely. Disarm them with kindness.

For what it is worth, I might say something like this:

Dear customer,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you. You have mentioned that you will leave if I refuse to give you unlimited bandwidth as "Company X" has promised you. There are a variety of reasons why such claims are either just marketing gimmicks or are dishonest but there are always caveats in the host's terms of service that make unlimited bandwidth impossible to offer a customer honestly and reliably. Our prices are extremely competitive and we offer storage and bandwidth consistent with the price while providing fast, secure, and reliable web hosting. Other companies will offer more but then pack more customers on their servers and bog down their network making for a less than optimal web hosting experience. We are committed to providing an honest product for the money and will not offer what we cannot deliver as so many companies with "unlimited" offerings do.

If you decide to cancel your service with us, I wish you all the best with your new web hosting company and if you find that they fail to deliver secure, reliable, and fast web hosting then I hope you will keep us in mind in the future.

Best Regards,

Webster
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I agree with everyone above, just let him/her go.

If they do not understand that unlimited does not exist, let them find that out on their own. You tried your best to explain it is not possible, you did your job.

thanks for the replys i took your advice i had sent an email explaining that i could not offer that and i hope he finds the right host that can give him the needs he has asked for.

ps. i also had said that i will keep his files in case he decided to come back thanks agian everyone