var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('350px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('330px');
Can anyone recommend good forum software? It is for a personal site so won't have a huge amount of traffic.
My main needs are:
Any advice appreciated
- I don't want to have to pay for it (again, it is a personal site and I am not going to make money from it - I could live with a small initial outlay).
- It must have all typical features
- Would like it to have customisable skins
- Must be relatively easy to install and maintain
- Must be resilient/reliable
- Usability is quite important
I've never used forum software before so it's going to be a learning experience ... therefore something that provides a good installation guide and/or help files would be good.
Thanks, look's good ...
no problem; there might also be others (although none come to mind), but thats what I have been using on my site, and I have found it to work pretty well.
It has a nice look and feel to it. I downloaded another, which was similar in functionality, ... but I do like the looks of this.
Open source software is a blessing.
sure is, haven't found any bugs with it yet and the support community forum is pretty good if you run into any problems
http://www.foruminsider.com has a HUGE list of forum software, most are free, some are paid.
SMF seems to be very popular lately, IMO it`s more pleasing to the eye than phpBB and doesn`t cost anything.
I`m using IPB for my own group, but that`s like nearly 70 bucks.
Hmmm, I've had a look at SMF as well ... and they both seem pretty good.
Thanks for your help fellas, two very good recommendations.