Server with great bandwidth allowance needed urgently

Hi

I need help urgently, I am looking for a company that can offer me a decent service, my main aim for the server is to have a high bandwidth allowance as I will need it mainly for downloads for my site, the front end I already have a main server for.

I am looking for 2000GB (3000GB+ ideally), my budget isnt greatn so any suggestions are really welcome

What is price range? $100, $150, $300, $75,000.... ?

Well around $100, I have seen some offers but am waiting to see if you guys have any great alternatives

What sort of hardware do you require? There are quite a few 10Mbit Unmetered deals around, which you can get about 3000GB/month from.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    • 24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

www.jhservers.com will do what you want for around $140 as the entry level server, I think.

Hivelocity

Well this is mainly a download server that I need, as long as I can use FTP and it has the required download BW, thats what matters, I already have a server for my scripts etc etc...

:-)

I would have to vote for Hivelocity for cheap 10 megabit servers.

Don't go with 10 Megabit... If it's a download server you'll want a burstable 100Mbit port. Of course, if you're a control freak and you're paranoid when it comes to overage charges, you'll come to love 10Mbit capped unmetered servers.
    (My CentOS mirror server is capped at 10)

Hivelocity prices suck.

Since when was 10mb capped for $79 bad?

I was actually thinking of hivelocity, they are having a special on at the moment......

Hmmmm, well there was also FDC servers aswell and IWEB have a special on which is here:

http://www.iweb.ca/promo/may-p4/

I was thinking of that possibly aswell...suggestions? I want to launch the sit again next week so its make or break now...

Only main problem is that Iweb offer said $0 setup only if you prepay 3 months, which implies there could be a setup fee....

I also quoted:

VPS + 100mbit unmetered transfer (~3000GB) + 512MB RAM + 40 GB HDD + 60 IP's for $120....

I also will have to reccomend Hivelocity.net. I've had a server with them in the past, before a site required 20 megabit unmetered speeds. The server was indeed quite good.
    TWSites.com - Business Web Hosting Solutions & Server Management Since 2003

Dock

How many visitors did you have? I have about 1,000,000+ per month and they will take about 2500GB (I see this one has 3200 per month which is fine) but will this server cope you think and will the transfer speed be decent (not lightning I know but at least decent)

thanx

Originally posted by gemasis
    Only main problem is that Iweb offer said $0 setup only if you prepay 3 months, which implies there could be a setup fee....
    The setup fee will be, if you don't want to prepay 3 months OR take a 12 months contract, 99$USD.

After the first payment of 3 months, you can pay monthly without problem

** I just want to clarify this point **
    Sylvain Delisle
    Community Manager
    iWeb.com

how many people do you expect to have downloading concurrently? What size are the downloads?
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

hmmmmm....

Now my media files are between 5 - 40MB in size and there will be quite a few people on at a time...the most I have had in terms of downloads in 1 day is about 300GB...