Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Google PR gone?

My google toolbar is not showing PR for any of the sites including webhostingtalk.com or even google.com? Has google discontine much talked PR? Or it is down temp.?

Anybody has any ideas?

Real Value Hosting - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

I also dont get any toolbar WHOAAAAAAA!
    Yes, there seems to be some problem.........
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

not working with me either. I wonder whats going on?!?

OMG!! let the spread the world to let everyone know!!!

heh crazy.. its only google dammit!!
    Quote, "Google is your best friend!"

Yo Darktwist

It scared the **** out of me when I saw PR0 on my sites.

mine show pr? some online tools don't but most do, and toolbar pr is working

Dont' have a GoogleBar for PageRank but PageRank.net tells me our site has PageRank of 67/10

Wowser!
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

hehe, that tool isn't working, it's showing the same for yahoo

i imagine it's nothing more than a fix going on for something, the pr server and toolbar pr has been down before, moxilla pr plugin is still working though
    Last edited by aqi32; 05-28-2005 at 07:59 AM.

Noticed this since last night. Their PR servers must be having problems.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

my firefox pr checker doesn't it as well.
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

yeah it was gone since yesterday, i've checked a few pr checking website and its either giving me a -1 rank, some high ranking or a script error...

my firefox plugin is fine

the google PR server is fine, they seem to have shut down every PR checker except there own directory: http://directory.google.com/
    http://www.goodridgeelec.com
    Electrical Contractors, West Midlands, UK

I have heard about a new team i.e. TrueRank http://www.vbwebmaster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686 . Is google trying to implement this instead of PageRank?

Noticed this earlier this evening myself. I installed the official Google Toolbar in IE (thankfully both run on Linux with a little work) and even it is blank. I then decided to test a couple URL's manually in a browser window, and this is the error returned by Google:

Forbidden
    Your client does not have permission to get URL /search?client=navclient-auto&ch=1920556622&features=Rank&q=info:http://www.webhostingtalk.com from this server. (Client IP address: WWW.XXX.YYY.ZZZ)

You do not have permission to send search queries from this IP address. Please login to the Google Admin Console and ensure that this IP is in your list of permitted IPs. Remember that it may take a few hours for a newly added IP address to become activated and able to perform queries.
    The IP address was of course replaced by me, but the rest of the error is verbatim. Makes one wonder if this was an accidental shutoff (since their own toolbar is down), or a sign of the end.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

i wonder if this is a side effect of the adsense issues they're tring to fix

Every pagerank server is apparently down:

http://www.seochat.com/?go=1&option=...m&submit=Check
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Hmmm, what are they doing?
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

they might have been updating their service.

there is no news from google yet.

Here's an interesting tidbit. This one seems to work fine...

Check "your" pagerank
    Jeremy Johnstone

My site shows a PR 10 now....

jk.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Originally posted by Jeremy Johnstone

Check "your" pagerank
    Didn't work on the domains I just tried. Says 1 for all of them.
    Steve

Read the result directly above the text entry box immediately after clicking the link... Pretty funny. Found the link on another forum when trying to dig up info on the reason for PR's (temporary?) demise. Needless to say, someone wasn't a good developer.
    Jeremy Johnstone

Oh right! Gotcha now
    Steve

/me Goes to uninstall his Pagerank extension in Firefox....

Ahh...it's a sad day...

Originally posted by Jeremy Johnstone

Check "your" pagerank
    That's pretty funny. I check PR and other stats on my page when I get bored but it is an awfully silly worry for so many people.
    Rich

Google PR = NO more?!

http://toolbar.google.com/googlebar.html

Google pr has been taken off. And the pr isnt working on my firefox plugin.

Also it is messed up on the web version. Anyone have any info, please fill us in on this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...hosttalkPR.jpg

I noticed the same thing this morning. Perhaps the PR server is down the maintenance or something.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=409423

My guess is that Google wants to stop people from trying to get a "higher" PR, et cetera. I personally think it's one of their better moves.

Originally posted by ichris
    Ahh...it's a sad day...
    Its a good day. Finally no more position bumping for junk websites by buying links from high PR websites because noone can see PR of websites. All links would be bought because of traffic on websites, as it is supposed to be. Link exchanges would be by website topic, not by "i have pr 4 and want to exchange with any other pr 4" type of exchange.

Google page rank was a good idea, but because of SEO it all got messed up so its about time PR was removed from toolbar.

Next in line for removal should be overture keywords checking tool so there would be no reliable way to check what keywords were searched more, so spammers wouldn't create junk turnkey websites without decent content that target certain keywords.

it still shows it on the features page

http://www.google.com/support/toolba...=features.html

surely they wouldnt have created something thats become so huge and just flush it without explanation, or would they
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service

I sure hope PR comes back. You might want to check this thread on the SEOChat forums for more information, it seems to be the most active thread about this right now in the forums that I checked: http://forums.seochat.com/showthread...6&page=1&pp=15
    Daily Updated Web Hosting News Blog
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Of course PR will come back, you don't change your mind about something this big in a few days.

They released a new toolbar few weeks ago, it would have or not been included in this version if they were planning such move.
    PutFile.io Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Hmmm this is interesting...(i didnt read the other posts lol) tooo lazy..

Originally posted by Googled
    Of course PR will come back, you don't change your mind about something this big in a few days.

They released a new toolbar few weeks ago, it would have or not been included in this version if they were planning such move.
    They obviously didn't just wake up one day and decide to turn off PageRank, obviously they would've thought it over first. All of this has been discussed in that SEOChat thread, there are lots of interesting theories and the such, including the possibility of a new ranking system, TrustRank. Or they may be doing away with the whole visual PR concept altogether, and just keep it a private part of their algorithm. Let's hope that Google comments on this soon, or that PR just comes back. They've been known to make dramatic changes over holiday weekends, so maybe on Tuesday we'll wake up to a big change? I guess that only time will tell.

But if we all go around saying a virus caused this, and make a big enough stink about the virus, they'll be denying it in no time, and giving some other excuse. Remember when Google actually went down, and it was blamed on hacking, they sure seemed to deny that quickly.
    Including an RSS feed that you can syndicate!
    Unlimited vs. Unmetered bandwidth

Very interesting, I wouldn't think they would suddenly end pr though, that would shake alot of things up if they did!

Googleguy:
    I suspect that the toolbar pagerank will be visible again in a few hours or so--I'll ask around about it.

......It's true that long holiday weekends are the best time to switch in or out different pieces of infrastructure.
    well there it is from the horse's mouth, it'll be back

What is happening with Google Toolbar Pagerank? People are asking this everywhere.

Many pages I visit are showing gray for PR on the toolbar. I have also checked a few pagerank update tools and they are also reflecting this change, so this isnt just a toolbar failure.

No, this isnt a PR update as some believe. This is the elimination of PageRank as we know it.

Is the the end of Google Pagerank as we know it? Is Google replacing or eliminating our ability to read the value of a website (as they see it)

Google's "Trust Rank" algorithm has been around for awhile, but I dont believe fully implemented. Maybe we're seeing the change from Pagerank to TrustRank.

So, are we seeing the end of PageRank as we know it? It seems so. It also seems we are all may to have to change out link development strategies somewhat.
    Your Health Encyclopedia
    Medical and health consumer information resources containing comprehensive and unbiased information in patient-friendly language

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast