Need VPS with good BW allowance

Hi

I need help urgently, I am looking for a company that can offer me a decent service, my main aim for the server is to have a high bandwidth allowance as I will need it mainly for downloads for my site, the front end I already have a main server for.

Budget is tight aswell, my site currently uses 3000GB+ per month..

Any suggestions?

IF you want that much bandwidth you needa 10mbit unmetered server which will be at least $200-300/mo. I don;t know of any VPS provider that will give you that much bandwidth if you want decent high quality connectivity

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Re: Need VPS with good BW allowance

Originally posted by gemasis
    Hi

I need help urgently, I am looking for a company that can offer me a decent service, my main aim for the server is to have a high bandwidth allowance as I will need it mainly for downloads for my site, the front end I already have a main server for.

Budget is tight aswell, my site currently uses 3000GB+ per month..

Any suggestions?
    I am not absoloutly sure, but all I know is that there no VPS's with that amount of bandwidth, plus if there is then you will probably have to order a custom VPS to match your needs which normally cost alot.

Therefore, I suggest you purchase a dedicated server which im sure would be cheaper as an advantage but the only disadvantage is that it might have alot of extra webspace that you might not need.

Hmmm...

Yeah I was thinking that but I really didnt want to go that route (*sighs*) - thanx for the valuable feedback

I was offered this, what do you think?

We can offer you: VPS + 100mbit unmetered transfer (~3000GB) + 512MB RAM + 40 GB HDD + 60 IP's

How much? Is that 100mbit dedicated or shared?
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

Hi

The price I was given was $120? is that reasonable?

Honestly sounds a bit to cheap to me. Decent quality bandwidth is at least $25-30/mbit

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

well they have a $30 day money back and they also made that one configuration at my request.

please look at some of the other packages and comment please:

Virtual
    http://www.auchosting.net/virtual_server.htm

Dedicated
    http://www.auchosting.net/dedicated.htm

any of you tried these guys?

"Ulimited bandwidth" - run!
    That basically means you would have no chance of ever using 3TB on it.
    Most likely each VPS would be limited to a specific Mbit - your chance of reaching 1TB per month would most likely be slim to none.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I thought that 2,

I said to them what my bandwidth specs are and I would only sign up if I could at least get 3000GB...they admitted they couldnt reach 4500Gb but said my 3000GB was feasible......

So basically they`re not being realistic with me in your opinion? i want to re-lanuch next week so I really need some action pronto
    :-(