Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Site Rip of UPIMGS.info

So someone has decided to rip my images and even buy the .com domain name. I don't care about the domain name but the images are indeed mine as well as the layout.

I own upimgs.info and the owner of upimgs.com who is clearly in the wrong has ripped my site.

Any help to dig up information and how to handle this kind of problem please do drop me a line. Thanks!

-Christina
    Hi! My name is Christina Chun and I'm an Artist.
      0 Not allowed!

Last edited by Odd Fact; 06-08-2005 at 12:58 AM.
    AIM: GopherDesign
    WWW: http://www.gopherdesign.com
    WWW: http://www.gopherwebhosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

I think you got it backwords, but thanks for posting my WHOIS info! (maybe a mod can kindly remove it so I don't get spammed etc? )

The domain in question is the .COM TLD the .INFO is mine.

I have already gained some contact with the owner but he claims that he was sold the design. The .COM was registered 2 days after I posted UPIMGS.info for sale here on WHT. I have yet to hear a reply.

Oh, and thanks for the help...I also requested proof of the sale which I doubt even happend. The service provider for UPIMGS.com seems to be Servint located in VA.
      0 Not allowed!

Post edited
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

Contact godaddy, and show them your site and show them his. They might be able to advice you somewhat further.
    Is it impossible that the design was sold to him?
    Regards
      0 Not allowed!

anon-e-mouse , Thanks for editing!

Naz.A, I have contacted GoDaddy to inform them of the situation and of the invalid whois information. Yes it is impossible the design was sold as I chose to hold onto the design and the site.

My first sale thread dating 3-21-05 which is the first thread I posted UPIMGS.info for sale and if you look at the whois info for GoDaddy for UPIMGS.com, it was registered 2 days later.
      0 Not allowed!

As i told you, yes i bought the design and i do have proof of payment.

Now, you should have spoke with me first before making all this accusations and making the post that you are doing on webhostingtalk, i don't know yet if it is true what you are saying.

I am trying to get my money back but the seller didn't reply yet, if you don't belive me i also don't care, because you have already destroyed the site reputation before solving this issue with me, which mean i can't use this domain anymore, even if i change the design.

I bought the design only from the seller, not the domain, i did register that domain because was the one that the seller had on the design,

And GopherDesign can you please remove my whois info, why are you doing that, we are trying to solve this problem, but that is not the best way for sure.
      0 Not allowed!

Miguel, the proper way to sort this out starts with taking the suspect design down. If you ripped her design, then obviously you're wrong. If you purchased this design from someone else who ripped it, then you're a victim, but you've still received stolen property, and you still have an obligation to take whatever steps are necessary to not break the law anymore. This starts with removing the layout until the matter is settled.

If you bought this from a designer, surely you have the source files, right? You know, the 3D files (is that Studio Max or Maya, Azn_chic?), the PSD files, etc. Now, I know firsthand that Azn_chic has these, because I saw those icons when they were in development. She was bouncing icon ideas off a few of us privately, and we got to see "the making of" them as she produced them.

They are stolen. As of right now, you're a victim, not nearly as much a victim as Azn_chic, but a victim nonetheless. I'm sorry you were put in this position. Hopefully, next time you'll do a little more homework, get some references, make sure you have avenues of contact, etc. before making a purchase of this nature.

AFAIC, knowing what I know and having shared it, if that layout stays active any longer, you're no longer a victim, you're a thief. Once you cross that line, you're right, the domain becomes less trustworthy. It's your decision to make whether you're going to let that happen or not.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

I have still received no response to my last e-mail (which there has only been 2 replies to my initial inquiry). Both e-mails I asked you nicely to please tell me the name of your seller who had "sold" you the design. I asked for the proof of the "sale" as well. Regardless if you were sold the design, were you also sold the Prozilla script to run the site? If so, revert to the default layout of the Prozilla script and I will gladly drop this all in good faith as long as you remove my design frontend and backend if that is ripped as well.

I would like to share with you that I have a log of IP's from March, April, and exactly 1 IP from yesterday (there are only 2 logged this whole month) which trace back to Portugal - Lisboa - Lisbon - Onitelecom - Infocomunicacoes S.a and your e-mail headers track the same.

So please, I strongly suggest you take down the design and reverse payment to your "seller". I still would like to know the name of this seller who obviously is roaming around Webhostingtalk as this is where the design was first placed besides on IWDN.

Thanks,
    Christina

Originally posted by miguel123
    As i told you, yes i bought the design and i do have proof of payment.

Now, you should have spoke with me first before making all this accusations and making the post that you are doing on webhostingtalk, i don't know yet if it is true what you are saying.

I am trying to get my money back but the seller didn't reply yet, if you don't belive me i also don't care, because you have already destroyed the site reputation before solving this issue with me, which mean i can't use this domain anymore, even if i change the design.

I bought the design only from the seller, not the domain, i did register that domain because was the one that the seller had on the design,

And GopherDesign can you please remove my whois info, why are you doing that, we are trying to solve this problem, but that is not the best way for sure.
      0 Not allowed!

the_pm, i have suspended the site until this issue is solved (I didin't ripped the design, that's for sure).

No, i don't have the source files, i didn't request them, since i was not concern about that, this might have been a big mistake.

The seller didn't reply to me yet, but i do hope to get an answer soon.

Until them, can someone please remove the domain name and my whois info from this thread?

Azn_Chic, please you can speak with me direclty, you have my email and i have always answer to you didn't I? I guess you want the seller contact, i am just waiting from his reply and if he dosen't answer them i can tell you who is he.

Of course all the other members participation is very important, but my main concern is that i am being a victim and i don't want to see my name related to this kind of actions.
      0 Not allowed!

Christina,

Please STOP POSTING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION

I answered all your questions, i did not provide the seller contact because i am waiting for his reply, and he might not be answering because it's weekend or so

Now, please remove all this thread and stop posting my personal information, i don't know how you got the logs, i am not hiding nothing, and posting this will only make me not to coporate with you.

SO I WILL KINDLY REQUEST TO REMOVE ALL MY INFORMATION FROM THIS THREAD

And my email headers, come on...i want to solve this as much as you , as i already told you.
      0 Not allowed!

miguel, I have replied yesterday with no response as of yet. However, thank you for suspending the account yet you still need to remove the stolen files. As I stated, you should revert to the default Prozilla script layout. Yes, I would still like to know the name and contact info of this seller. Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Christina,

The email that you sent me yesterday was asking for the seller contact, and again i will not provide you until i get his answer. I will wait only until twesday
    The fact that i have suspended the site was because i did not got a reply from him.

Christina, do you think if i was ripping a site I was using my real name and my personal address on the goddady account? Come on be also a little cooperative with me and help me instead of accuse me.

Now, i will be very appreciated if you can speak with me by email and ask someone to remove this thread, can you please do that? Or at least just remove my information.

Yes, i will remove the files soon, i am starting to belive that the design is yours...
      0 Not allowed!

I have the logs from my own account tracking. You stating that posting will make you not want to cooporate with me is a direct threat and can/could be looked upon as being questionable in your efforts to remedy this for good.

Any whois information is publicly available to anyone to look up. The information which another member has posted, has revealed invalid whois information.

Anyways, issues like this have arised from many members here on this forum and the genuine parites that are indeed "victims" always came to a conclusion in the situation with no problems in the light of stolen designs and so forth.

This was my email from yesterday:

UPIMGS.com is the ripped content with the proof that I put UPIMGS.info for sale on Webhosting talk on 3-21-2005 and UPIMGS.info was registered 10-21-2004. The link to my sales thread is proof: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...23#post2954723 Plus, I have all the native 3d files which I created the images from. Like I said, I own IMGLOAD.com which I modelled this site after and IMGLOAD.com has been around since August 2004. Anyways, I would like and need to know the name of this seller and show me proof of this sale. Thanks, Christina
    You had asked me for proof and I gladly gave you proof. I think I am entitled to know the name of the seller regardless if you have gotten in contact with him or not.
      0 Not allowed!

Christina,

Are you going to remove my personal information? and speak with me by email?
      0 Not allowed!

miguel, it's not entirely up to me to remove information. You can request it on your own but you have not yet shown me proof of a sale, proof there is a seller, proof of any transaction whatsoever. Your personal information was posted by another member.

To confirm the design is mine once again, here is a larger render for more proof:

HERE

We can take this to e-mail but this thread will remain until resolved. If it is resolved I will say so in this thread so that anything negative towards you or your site can be relinquished in public.

However, you never replied to the last e-mail where I asked who the seller was.
      0 Not allowed!

Christina,
    I did not sent you the seller information and proof because i wanted to hear something from the seller, he is not answering to my emails, and i am almost sure that you are the owner of the design, so that was the reason that i have suspended the site.

This transaction was done if i remember two months ago, and since them i have not contacted the seller anymore, so that is why i am hopping that he is still going to answer

Meanwhile, what i can say is sorry for all this and if i was rude in the previous post sorry.
      0 Not allowed!

You should be able to initiate a dispute with PayPal if the sale was indeed fraudulent and through PayPal. Another member here on WHT was successful in a dispute with PayPal over fraudulent activity even though no real goods were exchanged.

Like I said earlier, you could revert to the default Prozilla Image Hosting Script layout and that will be the end of it between us. As for you and your seller, that's between the two of you.
      0 Not allowed!

The payment was not paypal.

I have deleted the account. Btw us the case is close so.

But i will let you know what happend with the seller.
      0 Not allowed!

I have deleted the account. Btw us the case is close so.
    Sorry Miguel, I'm not buying your story. I'm taking the weekend off, but I did spend a few minutes checking this out and I don't like what I see.

The IP address associated with upimgs.com is associated with quite a few other domains which were offered for sale here at WHT, now they're all suspended. If there were questions about one of your website, why would you delete all of your websites?

What is your association with ptwave.com, and the WHT users PTWave and msm25?

If someone sold me ripped content, and failed to answer e-mail inquiries about it, I'd post that information so nobody else is 'victimized'. Your failure to do so increases my suspicion that you're msm25 (account disabled).
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...
      0 Not allowed!

Of particular interest to me is this thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=382145

Which seems to indicate msm25 purchased imageblvd.com, which is also suspended now as it's the same IP as upimgs.com.

Of course, the WHOIS shows a 'Mike Smith' (my favorite alias, with apologies to any real people by that name) of 'Web Adventures', who also has registered nxtlab.com, which msm25 also appears to have purchased in a WHT thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=386774

The connection is the WHOIS info for 'uploadstore.com':

Of course, this domain is suspended also, as it's on the same IP as the others.

Hey Miguel, the rules apply to you too, pal. While I'd be happy to expose your activities on behalf of a complete stranger, you're messing with my friend Christina now.

Shall I continue to investigate? What else might I find, I wonder?
    Last edited by Odd Fact; 06-08-2005 at 01:00 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

BigBison,

I don't understand what are you tring to say.
    Yes i own the sites that you are talking about.
    No the sites are not suspended, again what is that you are talking about
    My name is Miguel= Mike same name
    where do you want to go?
    Yes you can check all my activities please fell free.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry, looks like 207.58.168.251 was down entirely from my location when I checked into this, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you did indeed suspend the upimgs.com site.

Miguel, the first thing which raises my eyebrows on all of this is your use of false WHOIS info for your different domains, including using different names. Also, the fact that you've registered a new username here to respond to this thread, since your previous account was disabled.

These are not the hallmarks of an ethical, honest person and it calls into question your claims of being a 'victim' here.

Originally posted by BigBison
    Last edited by BigBison; 05-29-2005 at 08:29 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

No i am not using different names, all internet activities i use my name Mike but my name is Miguel, Smith is my family name

Miguel Machado and Mike Smith are the same person and I don't hide it from no one.

still don't get you but i am really sad with all this issue.
      0 Not allowed!

Answer the question please:

Originally posted by BigBison
    Where do you conduct business from, if you're the same person? Portugal or Cincinnati? I use the same exact name and (non-fictitious) address on all my domains.

There's also this thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=332825

Two days after you couldn't purchase mkhost.com you registered mzhost.com.

Two days after you couldn't purchase upimgs.info, you registered upimgs.com. So again, the question is, who is the alleged 'seller' who sold you Christina's graphics?
      0 Not allowed!

nkhost.com i didn't want it..

some domains that i bought the old owner had Cincinnati
      0 Not allowed!

BigBison you are making nonsense alegations I am out.
      0 Not allowed!

The name of the seller was reveal to WHT and the design was exchange of software, i will again ask you to stop with crazy alegation. You need to investigate more what you are saying

As you know alll that altought crazy allegation can easly destroy my reputation and they are not true.
      0 Not allowed!

BigBison you are making nonsense alegations I am out.
    Yes, I expected that, just as I suspect your account is about to be disabled. Why won't you admit to being PTWave? Is it because of all the ripped content on that site, as well?

Or did LiquidWeb rip this content from your site?

http://www.ptwave.com/about.html

It's funny how your sites are all hosted at ptwave, which uses private WHOIS, yet the signup and forums pages are 404 errors. Are you your only customer?

The name of the seller was reveal to WHT and the design was exchange of software, i will again ask you to stop with crazy alegation. You need to investigate more what you are saying
    Oh, I am investigating more. Your ripped content on other sites and refusal to answer questions, added to your blatant disregard of forum rules here, have damaged your credibility. Don't go blaming me for that!

Mods: Recommed disabling miguel123 and PTWave.
    Last edited by BigBison; 05-29-2005 at 09:06 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

no I am going to get a package from them, ptwave is imcomplete and it is not working

the content is still in develop
      0 Not allowed!

we are several owners of ptwave, now where do you want to go again?

you see all crazy alegations and now i am getting real mad with you
      0 Not allowed!

didn't you found that the design was from voxunity? you are so cleaver and you can't find that out.
      0 Not allowed!

So mzhost.com is also your company? What about this page?

http://mzhost.com/about.htm

Are you going to try telling me HostingZoom ripped that content from you, as well?

I'm the one getting mad now, bucko. STOP RIPPING CONTENT!!!
      0 Not allowed!

didn't you found that the design was from voxunity? you are so cleaver and you can't find that out.
    Trust me, I'm only getting started. Are you saying you ripped Voxunity also?

no I am going to get a package from them...
    You must be upset, because now you're contradicting yourself:

we are several owners of ptwave, now where do you want to go again?
      0 Not allowed!

i was using HostingZoom

well i can't say that i used some content from other sites, but that is the only accusation that you can make me and that is true, i will make sure that my site contents will be updated
      0 Not allowed!

as I told you, you are right regarding content, since my English is not so good, now this is the only think that you have against me.
      0 Not allowed!

well i can't say that i used some content from other sites, but that is the only accusation that you can make me and that is true, i will make sure that my site contents will be updated
    Don't you understand that admitting that gives you zero credibility when you claim you're innocent of ripping Christina's content? Using content from other people's sites without permission is EXACTLY why this thread exists.
      0 Not allowed!

when i say content was the TOS and some other words and that you are right
      0 Not allowed!

as I told you, you are right regarding content, since my English is not so good, now this is the only think that you have against me.
    I could care less that English isn't your first language. You're saying it's no big deal that the only thing I have against you is you steal other people's work?

You may find that to the professional web developers in this forum, that is as low as anyone can get.

when i say content was the TOS and some other words and that you are right
    Are you kidding me? It's not just the TOS, it's the entire "About Us" pages. You aren't in Houston. You don't have years of experience. You are making these claims by copying content from established hosts. You don't see that as a deceptive, fraudulent business practice? Making false claims? Whether they're 'borrowed' or not?

That is just plain wrong! STOP IT!!!
      0 Not allowed!

i promissed that i can't stop with the content, that you are right and i am sorry about that.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast