Question [HELP] Cannot ping IP's but can access websites...

Recently, I haven't been able to ping/tracert any ip's addresses but I have been able to browse websites as normal. The image above shows the time outs for pings. Other programs such as Symantec LiveUpdate for my Norton Antivirus cannot connect as well as the update feature for my Ad-aware. Anyone aware of any sort of virus that can cause these kinds of problems? I find it weird that I can browse all websites but I cannot ping/tracert or connect to any servers to update programs.

Reading, England
    Have you got a firewall?

I have disabled the Windows firewall. I also tried hooking the modem via USB cable but the same thing happens.

Northern VA
    Have you checked ipconfig from a dos window to check you have an ip, default gw, and dns set?

You may only be viewing cached pages.
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Miami, FL
    Your ISP may be blocking ICMP pings to hosts (as well as traceroutes).

You might ask your ISP if they are filtering that traffic at all. I ran in to a similar issue here once. Turned out to be my ISP blocked all pings and traces for a while. Their excuse was to prevent virus transmission. Yikes.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

The South
    My own isp filters ICMP on my cable modem, I can't ping or traceroute jack from home...
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck