Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poll says majority of americans would vote for clinton in 08.

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

It might bring back the good old days of the clinton administration....

But I doupt it will, with all the mess Bush did, it would take them lots of time..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Originally posted by azizny
    It might bring back the good old days of the clinton administration....

But I doupt it will, with all the mess Bush did, it would take them lots of time..

Peace,
    ... and then people will call for the Bush administration to be back into offices. Happens everytime when there is a change of Presidency, people always hate the person in office, and love the person before him. It's the cool thing to do, ya know?

I'd vote for Clinton.
    Kerry Jones

I don't trust polls. Most people today are suffering from Bush fatigue, just as they were suffering from Clinton fatigue in 2000. I wouldn't doubt that Clinton fatigue returns in a presidential race.

Personally, I can't stand all the political families in the U.S.

I see Hillary Clinton as a very bad thing for America for one reason, she's divisive. We need someone, from any party, that can truely bring people together. Sure, she's been playing toward the middle as a senator, but not many people will be buying that.

I'd vote her as well. I really like what she's done.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

OH NOES!!!..

The thing people don't realize is, the problems of today spawned from the decisions of yesterday. Yet, for some odd reason, the president of today is blamed for problems caused by the decisions of the president of yesterday.

IF HILLARY CLINTON IS ELECTED INTO THE PRESIDENCY, IS THERE A CANUCK I CAN LIVE WITH FOR A LITTLE WHILE?

That's my feelings.
    4 years from now, we'll be getting the effects of Bush. Not now. The economy was Clinton administrative error. Gotta love that "GOLDEN" toilet seat.
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

I think it will be interesting to see what happens if she gets the Democratic nomination. She is a very polarizing figure.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

In the new survey, more than seven in 10 Americans said they would be likely to vote for an unspecified woman for president in 2008 if she were running.
    Does this worry any of you folks in the US? I can read this in two ways; either seven out of ten people will vote for a woman, without knowing who she is (which is scary), or three out of ten won't vote for a woman, no matter who she is (which is sad, for the "land of opportunity").
    Gareth Cornish
    Always looking for new hosting sites
    http://www.compare-web-hosting-sites.com

I don't mind having a women for president...but is she gonna have a guy under her podium aswel?

I would love to have a female president, just not Clinton.
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

Originally posted by Tulip-Dennis
    I would love to have a female president, just not Clinton.
    Agreeded

One Clinton in office was enough. No way would I ever vote for Hillary. President or otherwise. Don't believe polls.

One Clinton in office was enough. No way would I ever vote for Hillary. President or otherwise. Don't believe polls.
    How exactly would you know? I'm curious weren't you like 9 - 10 at the time?
    Kerry Jones

IF HILLARY CLINTON IS ELECTED INTO THE PRESIDENCY, IS THERE A CANUCK I CAN LIVE WITH FOR A LITTLE WHILE?
    I heard we had a lot of people rushing to Canada from the U.S. after bush we re-elected.

I'd vote for Hillary in a heartbeat.

I think we definetely need a democrat, and that will definetely strengthen hillary's campaign if she can win in the convention. The economy of today is not 100% clinton's fault. Bush did not have to take us to war, and that ultimately brought our economy to the point it's at now (which really isn't that bad). The Clinton administration did a few things that I really like now (even though then I was just a little kid). I think he played a major role in the current recession we're in now, which was caused mainly by the tech bubble which collapsed.

I think Hillary has the necessary experience it takes to become president, she has been through basically everything in the political system. However, I do not like all this inter-family elections, reminds me of a monarchy I personally wished Kerry could have been in office now, and for the next 4 years after, and then maybe seen hillary run then.

Originally posted by Rob83
    I'd vote for Hillary in a heartbeat.
    Mee 2!!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Personally...I think John Kerry should run again. I'd vote for him.

I think Clinton would win hands down!

OH NOES!!!..

The thing people don't realize is, the problems of today spawned from the decisions of yesterday. Yet, for some odd reason, the president of today is blamed for problems caused by the decisions of the president of yesterday.

That's my feelings.
    4 years from now, we'll be getting the effects of Bush. Not now. The economy was Clinton administrative error. Gotta love that "GOLDEN" toilet seat.

... and then people will call for the Bush administration to be back into offices. Happens everytime when there is a change of Presidency, people always hate the person in office, and love the person before him. It's the cool thing to do, ya know?
    I loved clinton while he was in office.

I know many hardcore christians who love george bush.

Personally, i hate george bush. Hell, i hate the entire republican party.

Originally posted by iThaka
    Personally...I think John Kerry should run again.
    And his sidekick could be Al Gore. Like Hillary. Damaged goods.
    Last edited by Martinez; 05-27-2005 at 09:09 PM.

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    Don't worry about him Kerry.
    He hasn't trolled in a while so he chose this thread to pop his head up.

People like him will use polls to support 99% of their arguments but as soon as a poll doesn't support their argument they will claim that they are useless.

Right now Hillary can be enough different things to different people to do well in the polls. In 2008 she is going to have to compete to be liberal enough to get the Democratic nomination before becoming conservative enough to have a chance of winning the election. She might succeed. At least she has more of a running start at it than Kerry did with his last minute scramble to court the middle.

I will vote for anyone who will fix America....

I think Al Gore would be the best option now that I think about it. He was a huge part of the Clinton Administration and isn't "family". He also did help start the internet boom and make America lead the way in technology. Sure he didn't invent it, as he claims, but he certainly played a huge role in the development of it. If he runs for pres in 2008, he's got my vote.

EDIT: Maybe im not the only one with this thought:
    http://www.algore-08.com/

Maybe he will run for pres in 2008?

Originally posted by inogenius
    Grass is always greener.

I think we all know what slick Willy will be best remembered for.

Hilary will win the next election, imo. IMO, she believes it's her destiny to be the first women President.

• AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Originally posted by iThaka
    Personally...I think John Kerry should run again. I'd vote for him.
    I hope this post was intentionally sarcastic and that you didn't (you couldn't possibly!) actually mean that. If so, funny joke. Otherwise, as they say, a picture (or two) is worth a thousand words: .

John Kerry was quite possibly the Dems' worst candidate ever.

That would make him around your age?

people who live in glass houses . . . .

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

ROFLMAO!!
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

I was around that age, but informed. I didn't hear much of the Bosnia war, but it was obviously being handled quite well since it was a minor war.
    Kerry Jones

I was around that age, but informed.
    Martinez could just as easily been as informed, or more informed. It is a possibility.

I was around that age, but informed. I didn't hear much of the Bosnia war, but it was obviously being handled quite well since it was a minor war.
    It wasn't minor for the Bosnians
    Gareth Cornish

I think it would be quite interesting if Hillary became president. I also think it’d be a major step forward for American politics to have a woman president.

I’m curious, what do most people think of Hillary? If you had to classify her as liberal, conservative, or moderate, which would suit her best? In that USA Today article it seems pretty split.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Martinez could just as easily been as informed, or more informed. It is a possibility.
    Bob, some on this forum think because one choses not to engage in endless debates that never settle anything, they are stupid or mindless. Then they resort to child like insults. I chose not to live on these forums as I have a life and a demanding job. Kids like Kerry Jones deliver my news paper in the morning.

I vote and pay taxes just as most older americans do and being so, I will vote for who I believe will do the best job. Hillary is not that person.

Originally posted by Anjay
    I think it would be quite interesting if Hillary became president. I also think it’d be a major step forward for American politics to have a woman president.

I’m curious, what do most people think of Hillary? If you had to classify her as liberal, conservative, or moderate, which would suit her best? In that USA Today article it seems pretty split.
    She's a a liberal w/ moderate and convervative views (as I am). She's a woman who doesn't take crap from nobody. She'd make a great President. And having a woman President would definately be a step foward in our history.

I think Hillary's sprinkling of conservative views would give her an advantage over other Democratic contenders for a chance to win the 2008 general election. However, it remains to be seen how that will play in the Democratic primaries. She might have to emphasize her liberal views to get the nomination. If she succeeds at doing that, she would then have to unemphasize some liberal views to win the election. (But not so much that she drives too much of the far left to defect to the Green Party or other spoilers.) In that case the Republican candidate is likely to be doing a lot of quoting from her campaign for the Democratic nomination.

You'll have to forgive my ignorance of American political issues, but can someone define for me, in practical terms, what a liberal or conservartive viewpoint actually is? On the important policies, what does a liberal, or conservative, think should be done?
    Gareth Cornish

Originally posted by Disgruntled
    I think Hillary's sprinkling of conservative views would give her an advantage over other Democratic contenders for a chance to win the 2008 general election. However, it remains to be seen how that will play in the Democratic primaries. She might have to emphasize her liberal views to get the nomination. If she succeeds at doing that, she would then have to unemphasize some liberal views to win the election. (But not so much that she drives too much of the far left to defect to the Green Party or other spoilers.) In that case the Republican candidate is likely to be doing a lot of quoting from her campaign for the Democratic nomination.
    A common misconception is that the word democratic means you're a democrat. This is not true. Democratic means you believe in a democracy, which is what our government is based upon, thus making all candidates in the US democratic. Unfortunately I do not know what you would use to counter the word Republican, because Republican fits just as you stated.

In any event, im still ready to side with Al Gore, should he run. If kerry runs again (which he said, might happen) then i'd vote for him over hillary, but not over gore. I do not want to see more "family legacy" in office. Having gore in office, would be like having a clinton in office, but with his own views, and not silently told what to do like little miss george bush.

P.S. Kind of early to talk about a president that isnt running for another 3.5 years. (Shows how much we like our current one eh?)

No offence, you seem like a nice guy with your heart in the right place, but if you say you were "informed" about politics 6 or so years ago, and judging from your general political comments here (for example, " I didn't hear much of the Bosnia war, but it was obviously being handled quite well since it was a minor war"), we have a very different definition of informed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast