PHP on IIS got messed up

I had both php CGI and ISAPI module working. I thought I would try the fastcgi, and followed the instructions on this page http://phplens.com/phpeverywhere/fastcgi-php to install. It didn't work.

Now, the php.exe CGI won't work either. It just doesn't respond. TaskManager shows a php.exe got created everytime I do a refresh. I have removed fastcgi and its registry entries.

the ISAPI module still works, but I would feel much more comfortable with php.exe.

Help!

The ISAPI module is a better bet. No point having cgi and ISAPI versions of PHP.
    Chris at TDMWeb.com
    Windows & Linux hosting and fully managed dedicated servers with great customer service!
    UK-based but serving the world...

Some people have problems with PHP with ISAPI. This server is not live yet. I don't want to go live without the ability to change it back to CGI.

I found it

Well, this is the strangest thing I have ever seen, due to the inconsistancy of PHP.exe.

Like I said, both CGI php.exe and ISAPI worked fine. Then php.exe stopped working.

Eventually, I found TWO problems. First, I had an extension which was not installed correctly, so the extension dll didn't load. Second, my cgi_force_redirect was ON, and it needs to be OFF on Windows.

The problem is, php.exe worked with those two problems before, so I thought everything was working! I have to say the behavior of php.exe is puzzling.