Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fastservers down again?

can anyone access FS in HE?

I think its wider than that as I've got boxes with another HE supplier down

Rus

I was unable to reach the fremont network for about 8 minutes. It's up as I post.

My box's connection with them has been going up and down all morning.

A bit of ongoing maintenance on an incoming fibre link to Hurricane Electric/Fremont by WCG & OnFibre was the culprit for a few service interruptions this morning (CST) out on the west coast. Another (and final) round of maintenance tonight may bring about similar brief hiccups, though it is unlikely as the guts of the work was completed very early this morning. I will gladly post additional details, if necessary, as we follow up with HE's engineers tonight and early tomorrow after the maintenance window has passed.

We've posted additional details on our official forums (forums.fastservers.net), if you're interested. Thanks for your time!

Down again? I can't access forums.fastservers.net either.

Yup....HE....

By the way, is there a better way for HE to communicate this kind of stuff to its customers other than everybody filing a ticket after-the-fact?

FS Forum: http://64.62.203.250/

They announced sub 1 minute outages were to be expected, but I'm counting half an hour so far...

yesterday and this issue is really hitting us badly.

my server at Fs as well as their network is absolutely down for some time now. Tried to call them up but was not able to speak to any tech. Hope they fix it soon.

Who knows what's going on over there any more. It may be HE's issue, but it affects fastservers as well. 2 days in a row I've been woken up by their issues

I did not recieve any mailer from them too about this maintenance window. Did they send mails to any of you guys.
    I dont visit their forum that often.

No, they refuse to send mails about "scheduled" maintainance, though they'll surely spam your inbox with other crap like auctions, newsletters and the likes.

This isn't part of the "scheduled" maintainance though. Well, it may be a PART of it, but it's certainly affecting more than just momentary loss. I managed to get through to someone on the phone (then get hung up on, very rudely) who explained that there's a switch problem.

Originally posted by mpkapadia
    I did not recieve any mailer from them too about this maintenance window. Did they send mails to any of you guys.
    I dont visit their forum that often.
    No mail sent out, but if you subscribe to their "News and Announcements" forum you would have been emailed about this approx 20 hours ago. Even so, this is turning out far far worse than their planned downtime, so the announcement helped very little...

Originally posted by akuo
    No mail sent out, but if you subscribe to their "News and Announcements" forum you would have been emailed about this yesterday. Even so, this is turning out far far worse than their planned downtime...
    Not everyone would have.
    Their ip block (from the forums) is blocked by numerous rbls, or isn't setup properly (hostname), so I don't even get replies to topics.

Yes, all our HE stuff is down too... any ETA been given for this?

Originally posted by JenniH
    Yes, all our HE stuff is down too... any ETA been given for this?
    No ETA yet Jenni.

I have my main site + helpdesk + billing off network, and thus on a fastservers server. I'm starting to question that, as I've just about had enough.

It is just the fremont location, as I have connectivity in chicago that has gone through this without a hitch.

Thanks Bob.

It's a bit depressing. I'll give it another 20 mins before I start the painful task of switching sites out of there again. Yuk!

Neosurge
    yes, it's just Fremont. FS doesn't have a Chi. DC at the moment, perhaps you're thinking of CF which does route through Chicago.

Going on an hour here, nothing more annoying then being woken up by someone's DC issues, having them hang up on you, then having to wait until they get the server back up before going back to bed, ESPECIALLY on a damn weekend

Back up! Hopefully permanent...

And we're back. Finally.

Yep, the HE datacenter is down, the InterNap midwest DC is ok. I'm thinking about migrating my server to their midwest DC.

Thank goodness!

Originally posted by xenoborg
    Yep, the HE datacenter is down, the InterNap midwest DC is ok. I'm thinking about migrating my server to their midwest DC.
    I'd hold off on that one
    Their MW dc has just as many issues as the Fremont one does, probably more, because it's new.

Our server is back online

...and down again

..and again.

Some kind a yoyo this has been this weekend.

3 days in a row.
    just amazing.

Yup, here also. Monitors just went off for the 3 boxes we have colocated in Fremont.

Frank

Is this related to the entire HE datacenter? All my HE traffic in San Jose is routing through New York now at 160+ ms =(

Yes, HE Fremont seems to be completely offline.

Most likely, just like the other three were HE related.

I phoned FS support and they didnt even have a clue as to what was going on.

She's back up

it's up now.

was about 25 min of downtime.

two core routers at the fremont DC stopped taking traffic between each other. You may see another short downtime while they load a new image onto the router. This issue in not the result of 'UPGRADES'
    but appear to be software issues on the 12416.

Originally posted by Snowman30
    I phoned FS support and they didnt even have a clue as to what was going on.

Well I did get through and they told me is was a dDos attack. What a joke why do DC's always blame it on this instead of saying what is really happening.

This is insane. Honestly I am starting to think there isnt a solid west coast provider. Guess its on to the 5th west coast provider once I find them.

Ive been there for 3 months now, for a personal server, and these last 3 days have just been horrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast