Thread: PayPal Fraud!

PayPal Fraud!

Hey, you guys should watch out from PayPal emails, just caught this one:

Subject: PayPal Security Alert Case ID Number: PP-040-187-541

Security Center

Military Grade Encryption is Only the Start

At PayPal, we want to increase your security and comfort level with every transaction. From our Buyer and Seller Protection Policies to our Verification and Reputation systems, we'll help to keep you safe.

We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account was hijacked by a third party without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. However, if you are the rightful holder of the account, click on the link below and follow the instructions.

https://www.paypal.com/***************************** (Goes to: http://209.51.138.194/~wsyluna/scgi....yPalISAPI.dll/)

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choise but to temporaly suspend your account.

We ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated and we strongly recommend to verify your account in that time.

If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of PayPal policy to represent oneself as another PayPal user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. PayPal is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

Sincerely,
    PayPal Account Review Department
    PayPal, an eBay Company

*Please do not respond to this e-mail as your reply will not be received.
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.
      0 Not allowed!

They tried too hard and spelt half of the words wrong, stupid noobies.
    Webair Internet Development Inc.
    Shared Hosting • Managed Dedicated Servers • SEO
    1.866.WEBAIR.1 • www.webair.com • 24/7/365 Support • Adult Friendly
    My comments do not reflect the views of the company or its management.
      0 Not allowed!

warning...The website the links posted above go to contain a virus so click on them at your peril.
      0 Not allowed!

I had the exact same email a few days ago. Makes me mad, because obviously some people will be falling for these, or it just wouldn't be worth their while.

Strange thing about mine, is that it displayed with all the format tags and was barely readable.
      0 Not allowed!

Please do a search for paypal scam, paypal fraud before posting these things and please don't include the trojan link.

/me figures a ***** for a section of anymore of such links to censor.
      0 Not allowed!