Hosting multiple sites and SEO issues?

I am trying to create small affilate websites for various products. Each site is no more that 2-3 pages. Therefore it would not be wise to pay for a virtual server or by a reseller package. The solution I can across is something called addon domains. I would purchase a hosting plan that has enought space and BW. The options most hosting companies are offering me are as follows:

1. Create subdomains (create sub directory under the root) in the main domain and then register the second domain and point it to the subdomain and mask it.

2. For a small fee purchase something called a addon domain and share the resources of the hosting plan with all the domains.

Is having multiple domains good for SEO? Is there a better way to do this? Which of the 2 choices is better for SEO? Thanx
    "Knowledge Speaks But Wisdom Listens"
    www.shumonhakim.com

One problem you may encounter, especially if you are going to be interlinking the domains, is Google is known to dilute the strength of links that originate from the same c class of ip addresses.
    PHP Link Directory Script
    Easy Profitable 1000s of Sites us phpLD
    Hosts We Recommend for Users of Our Software

Technically, no problem. Many hosts will let you have several top-domains at the same account (some I use, for instance).

However, as said, if you try getting PageRank by interlinking those sites, having them on same IP class works against you with Google.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Interlinking, does that mean linking between the different domains? What about having seperate cpanel for each domain. Will that help with ranking in google?

I doubt that having a seperate CPanel will have any effect.

Also, while it may have been true at one point that Google saw multiple sites on 1 IP address as being the same (for linking purposes), Google themselves have said that they are fully compatible with IP sharing and do not penalize sites for being on the same server IP.

If you don't believe me, ask Google.
    Mark Oberg
    Techweenies.com

(No longer affiliated with Uneedawebsite.com)

I agree with uneedawebsite, I don't think it will affect your listings at all. Google does not list your site based on your IP address.

I use Site5 reseller accounts for multiple domains. Your strategy is a bit flawed. Even if you found a host that put each site on a unique IP, 2-3 pages for each site and interlinking is not going to provide you the killer SEO that you would like. You really ought to focus on a more steady, long term strategy of building a lot of quality content for each site. It will matter little if they're on the same Class C if all of them are quality sites with lots of inbound links because people go to them for information/content. If you stick with just 2-3 pages that doesn't do much for the surfer, the benefit will be minimal.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site