Thread: Need flash help

Need flash help

I'm currently stuck behind a dialup connection.

The other day, i was working on cracking one of the easter eggs behind the show "lost" . The creators put up a page which utilizes a flash movie to hold a few easter eggs for the next season.

Well, the flash movie makes subrequests inside the actual flash movie to load seperate movies which are the secrets to the show.

The problem i ran into on the website was that it was very choppy because i lack the bandwidth needed to stream smoothly.

Well, i managed to figure out a way to grab those submovies, and save them to my local hard drive.

But, after downloading i ran into a problem.

The movies have been scripted to only allow viewing if the page is on the website of creators. If i i open the movie with whatever flash viewer i try, it pops up the creators website.

So, i'm trying to figure out a way to disable that component of the movie, so i might be able to view the movies in a simple way.

Also, You can view and attempt to find the secrets here: http://www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm .

A while back i came across an SWF Decompiler. I might try downloading that again.
    Last edited by ub3r; 05-29-2005 at 03:40 PM.

A SWF Decompiler should do the trick.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

swf decompiler did the job. I just need to find a way to edit a bit of actionscript out, and recompile the whole movie without that actionscript.