Michael Crook On Fox News

http://vinceautmorire.typepad.com/crook2.mpg

It's so sad that people such as Mr. Crook exist in our world. I'm glad he was on FOX and I'm glad that Sean told him down.
    Last edited by Rob83; 05-26-2005 at 10:48 PM.

I debated him on his forum.
    Kerry Jones

I think his hair snarled at me.

I like how he dodged the questions asked to him. He seems like an idiot.

Originally posted by Kerry Jones
    I debated him on his forum.
    Link?
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Kerry Jones

He's just in it for the advertising.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

What an idiot .

His site must be getting hammered now.

Oh well, there's freedom of speech for ya.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Oh well, there's freedom of speech for ya.
    Nobody is stopping him from talking.

But damn, I really want to slap those reporters.

Originally posted by Lev
    Nobody is stopping him from talking.
    I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that there's freedom of speech in action, with his site, no matter how rediculous his site is.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that there's freedom of speech in action, with his site, no matter how rediculous his site is.
    I did, I thought you were saying something else. Well, I think it's ridiculous that all these people are attacking and insulting him. Yes he is wrong, but what happened to freedom of speech? It's ridiculous that this stuff even makes it on the news, it's because news agencies don't have anything better to report on.

His site must be getting hammered now.
    I hosted his website for about a week until kicking him off. It was very horrible... the load of the server (Xeon 2.66 GHz, 2 GB RAM) was getting a high load of 3.60 - 5.90 and generally consumed around 3 GB of bandwidth per day. It would recieved between 6,000 - 10,000 on an average day, but when it aired on fox news there was so much traffic it was bringing the server up and down like a yo-yo. I recieved around 40 - 50 abuse emails and liquid web (my provider) recieved a few hundred.
    Kerry Jones

Originally posted by Lev
    It's ridiculous that this stuff even makes it on the news, it's because news agencies don't have anything better to report on.
    Call me cynical, but bearing in mind this is fox news my guess is that it's an attempt to wheel him out as a straw man. He's obviously an idiot, but with a significant number of fox viewers confusing lack of support for this war with lack of support for the troops themselves, this guy makes it very easy to paint a very bad picture of people who don't support the war (but don't share his views) in the minds of the less discerning. And as far as I can tell "the less discerning" are going to make up a fair proportion of fox's audience. That's not meant as liberalist statement but merely about their seeming lack of journalistic integrity influenced by their own political bias that a discerning person would see through - no matter which side of the political spectrum they come from.

He comes across like a complete idiot who can't justify his stance at all (though I haven't read his site but from his argument there I doubt that's likely to change my mind). I don't think the reporters came across that well either though. They criticise him for simple thinking (which it seems is fair enough comment), while at the same time putting forward incredibly over simplified arguments themselves.

That fox news would sink so low to even have him on and make a celebrity out of the guy and give him collateral-publicity if you will, for what appears to be their own adgenda driven propaganda efforts makes me equally discusted with fox news as I am with some of the things that guy appears to stand for.

Or am I reading it all wrong?

I say good on the reporter..this guy is a moron, if you read his website you would know that he is a moron.

I wonder how long before someone end's up taking this guy out..

All I can say is that he has some pretty skewed views on things.

Was the guy dead or something?

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I thought he was already dead.

Was that just a sleazy publicity stunt?

The domain seems to be for sale now for $10k by his hosting company...

He is an idiot, IMHO. Glad he is off the web. IIRC, this is the second domain he has used. After the heat got hot on the first domain, he claimed it to be a hoax.

If I had money to spare, I would buy the domain and put up a respectful site for our troops that are making daily sacrifices. They are away from their loved ones and homes, working hard, and doing what they are asked. Soldiers are not policy makers... so avoid making this a policy thread.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

I do agree with him on the payment structure does need to be organizard. I personally think military pay should be based more on regional than just one pay structure. This is what I mentioned on his forums the day... for example if a soldier was to make $1200 / mo that would be suitable for people in say Texas, but not in California.
    Kerry Jones

I do agree with him on the payment structure does need to be organizard. I personally think military pay should be based more on regional than just one pay structure. This is what I mentioned on his forums the day... for example if a soldier was to make $1200 / mo that would be suitable for people in say Texas, but not in California.
    Huh? Ever hear of COLA? Come on.... the Military has been doing this a while. While not perfect, they are aware of many issues and considerations. While you will not get wealthy in the Military, you are hard pressed to starve too.

I did pretty OK on my military pay when I was in. It got better as I accrued years and rank. If you accrue years, and not so much rank.... the pay is not as good, and that is a sign you need to leave.
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

I disagree. If you live on a military base, you pay very little for the house and you shop for food at the commissary and PX (or BX), all tax free and at a reduced price anyways. If you live off the base, the Military will give you a certain amount of money to pay for your offbase living.

Living expenses in CA and TX are the same when you're practically living on the base.

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    All I can say is that he has some pretty skewed views on things.
    On most good topics, you write a good amount. I do enjoy reading them, but am surprised you didn't write more!
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Originally posted by immortal9
    On most good topics, you write a good amount. I do enjoy reading them, but am surprised you didn't write more!
    Well, I'm humbled at your compliment, but unfortunately I am not ubiquitous and do not compose five-page-long posts on every topic (almost, but not quite ). I really don't have many thoughts, and thus comments, on the man, except to say that his views are, well, rather "interesting". I would not go out of my way to meet him, as he seems to be of a rather bitter disposition and is probably, by nature, a rather obnoxious and rambunctious person. On the other hand, I am absolutely and without question willing to listen to his thoughts and views on the subjects in which he so interests himself and "researches". Some of his ploys and tactics seem more based on a desire for attention which he did not receive adequately as a child than a desire to make and get across a legitimate point.