Problems with Dell

Please post here your problems with your dell, if you have one. Don't flame anyone :0

My story:
    I bought a Dell Inspiron 1100 about 2 years ago. About 2 months after my warranty expired my laptop had some problems. one of them was it not charging right. I had to wiggle it sometimes or put some pressure on it, but no problem right? Well now it wont start at all. Ive seen so many complaints about Dells not charging because of the jack in the laptop. I called and they told me they cant replace a little tiny box on it that charge it, so I had to replace the WHOLE motherboard for $700. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to pay that much for a Celeron 2ghz processor and a motherboard that's probably going to fail soon after : / I called their tech support and they told me it wasn't the jack, me not carrying anymore, said whatever. The lady I was talking to told me I needed a new ac adapter and it would work, so silly me, I ordered one. Well I have it in my hands, and it still wont charge....

Also their tech support, come on wow. You'd think the way their commercials are that they have a lot of people who speak English very well. Ummm? No? I always call them and can barely understand them... Ive never in the past 2 years talked with Dell SUPPORT who could speak perfect English, but their sales, a different story...

I just had some past problems eith my Dell monitor. Does it count?
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

Sure what went wrong, and Im talking about ALL Dell products

My dad's 3-year-old Dell CRT monitor won't display correct colors anymore..
    - Matt

I guess I have been lucky over 20 dell desktops and monitors, 4 laptops, and two servers in the past four years with minor problems. I do agree whole heartdly about support.

I had to cancel a laptop order last December. Dell sent an email moving delvery back 6 weeks which was to long. After spending an hour with numerous techs overseas they confirmed delivery being pushed back. So I had to go buy a laptop locally that afternoon. I did not remember to cancel the order until the next morning when waht shows up with UPS but my laptop! Well now that I had to cancel an order I was surprised how quick I was escalated up to a rep in Austin. In the end they did credit back the order. But it would be nice to talk to someone state side.

Well theres alot, and I mean ALOT of people who have complains about their laptops and chargers : / If you go to their support site and go to community forums you will find hundres of people with the same problem.