Thread: ACT! for Web

ACT! for Web

Does anyone know of any hosts offering ACT! for Web hosting?

No, I haven't. I used ACT once upon a time, but it's really too expensive. You might want to check out NetSuite as an alternative:

www.netsuite.com

It's a full CRM/support/billing/accounting and even hosting solution, might be more than you're looking for.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Thanks for the reply. I've actually worked with Netsuite before, it's way overkill for my company. Also, they generally start out their basic plans at $4800 per year. Salesforce.com would be my second choice, but ACT! seems to be more tailored for small companies like mine, with the Quickbooks integration. I see the last years software offered at $20-$50 per license, which beats Salesforce.com's entry level pricing at $995 per year. Salesforce and Netsuite seem to be focused more toward larger comanies, trying to compete with Peoplesoft and Seibel. ACT! would be perfect for my company if I could figure out a convenient way to share the database with my people remotely.

BTW, if you're a host reading this and you offer hosting for ACT! for Web, I wouldn't mind if you spammed me in private.

Originally posted by petertdavis
    ACT! would be perfect for my company if I could figure out a convenient way to share the database with my people remotely.
    Setup a spare PC on your network, sign up for GoToMyPC and then your remote users can get to that PC and access ACT.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Yep, I was thinking about doing something like that, but didn't know how to accomplish the remote access part. Thanks very much for mentioning GoToMyPC, I'm going to check it out.