Windows VPS, ColdFusion and Access

I am looking for a Virtual Private Server Windows, with ColdFusion and Access, I would prefer with a lot of space MS-SQL in other cluster server

New Orleans, LA
    fuse9 LLC
    -Support Team-
    fusing the core of the internet
    Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, Custom Plans

Ok, thanks

look at the price~~so expensive.

Originally posted by skyaus
    look at the price~~so expensive.
    Yes, because the licence of ColdFusion is expensive,

I would like know some other vps with ColdFusion for compare

Have you seen

Trivandrum, Kerala, India

Coldfusion licenses are expensive. Power power pack comes with support for coldfusion but it will not provide license. You have to separately purchase the license.

Same Request

I'm looking for a windows based VPS or semi-dedicated host. My site is coldfusion based with a access database. Have there been any new hosts to offer what I need? The one provided is a little out of my price range.

Most of the coldfusion VPS providers are Linux based and I have no Linux experience. Will I still be able to run a Site off Linux with no experience? Are their hosts that will help with Linux support. I can change the Access DB to MySQL If i need to.

Thanks for the information....

You will be able to run on Linux if you're not using CFX tags. I have switched my site from Windows / MS SQL to Linux / MySQL and back without major issues.

Have a look at - they are a small but interesting host.
    Learn something at the Science Forums today!

Quote Originally Posted by augustino

I am looking for a Virtual Private Server Windows, with ColdFusion and Access, I would prefer with a lot of space MS-SQL in other cluster server

By the way, why do you need a VPS? have excellent plans for shared ColdFusion hosting. I used their top CFMX plan for a long time before I downgraded to the middle plan because I simply didn't need all of the bandwidth etc. You get a LOT of shared MS SQL space.

Kovacs thank you for your reply.

I have considered switching to linux/mysql since i don't use cfx tags. I'm not so much concerend with the database but my lack of expereince in Linux.
    Have you had much experience in Linux? I have none, but i'm sure i can pick up a book and learn the basics rather quickly. Will I need much more than that?

I have very little experience with Linux. I have a handbook (Linux cookbook). I ran BlueDragon for a brief while last May, but had too much problems with the server (probably not BlueDragon-related) but I am thinking of trying again. I too am looking for a good VPS host who offer ColdFusion, but it seems to me that BlueDragon is probably a much better alternative if you go the Linux route since you can get it for free - which means that if you get a managed VPS you can install BlueDragon on it and just focus on that rather than on maintaining the entire server.

I have however not yet taken the "full plunge" to Linux for my ColdFusion sites - only for my PHP sites. So I am actually pretty much in the same situation as yourself.

It is my experience that if you're not a skilled Linux user it does help to have a friendly host (I host with Liquidweb and SLhost at the moment) and also a couple of friends who know Linux well...

Hi augustino, offer ColdFusion on their Virtual Managed Server plans, though they're not *virtual servers* really.

DirectorioVPS List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!