Thread: WAP SMS Host

WAP SMS Host

Hi

Not going for one now but will need one later once Im thorough with the mobile development stuff. Where can I get a host that has a system capable of sending & receiving sms messages - an interface to an SMSC (message center / sms gateway) ?

Is this popular enough to have shared hosts for these ? Because I think it'll be real expensive for a dedicated server + SMS gateway. I would like to have one after a while to play around with this and then get into full force.

Thanks

Interesting. I would like to know myself. Thanks.

You can get a SMS gateway from www.clickatell.com and use it with any host. We use clickatell.com for mass-messaging to our staff.

As far as being WAP-enabled, the major criteria for that I believe is ensuring your website is readable in a WAP browser. I am not so knowledgeable on that
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

You will also need to add MIME types if you want to allow people to download from the site via WAP.

This link below will help you.

http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-html40-mobile/
    -- Matthew

anjanesh, most websites do not need anything extra for you to store .wml files - it depends on the ability of the handheld device and the mobile operator whether they provide that service. You may need to add mime types though - with one of my providers worldzone - everything was set already and there was no difficulty for the clients in reading wap content

I am not sure about the sms though and will like to know your experiences as you have them.

I know the info regarding net-based content - a standard web host will do. But I'll have to have SMS facility because many phones may have internet but wont use it through their provider because of the high rates (in India) so I'll need most of my apps to communicate via SMS.
    clickatell.com and nowsms.com are two I know of till date. I dont know how many more are there.
    And my knowledge in this is very little so I have do some research on how these actually work - its not as simple as web development.

http://www.j2me.org/yabbse/index.php...;threadid=5308