domain name disabled, sorry im a noob

good day,

i just bought a hosting plan and also a domain name from warezhosting.com, after 1-2 i cant access my domain name, and i tried warezhosting.com which is my server, the site become blank on top the title say domain disabled. any suggestion what i should do or how can i change my domain dns? thank guys

That doesn't sound good, however by the domain warezhosting.com I would have been worried from the start.

What is your domain? We can do a check to see where it is registered and you might be able to get access to it.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Greetings,

I tried various combinations of extensions onto the domain name e.g "warezhosting.com/blatest123" and it redirects back to the main page as apposed to returning a 404 error. This may be due to warezhosting.com actually being a providor dedicated to hosting illegal warez sites, then in return were shut down in due course. However, you will now need to move hosting providors, you can whois the domain to check where it was registered at sites such as internic.com as I highly doubt warezhosting.com are an ICCAN registrar. It is likely they are an enom / tucows etc domain reseller. Regardless, if you can't get ahold of the warezhosting owner you will need to contact the company who are the true record of registrar and prove you own the domain to be able to edit the DNS records.

Good luck
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

Well 'warezhosting' meaning they must have hosted illegal files on their servers, they were bound to get shut down.

A little bit of research might have helped you a lot right now.

Like the rest said, hosting warez is illigal and you can't expect them to stay up long because of legal troubles and such... Good luck finding another host!

EDIT: I jus checked the site, looks like the domain registrar took them down.
    || Dennis Liang,
    || ServaxNet LLC

thanks for the comments. before i signed up with warezhosting.com i contacted [email protected]' and ask him if it ok to host a ddl site. he said he'll host it, i thought it would be ok if i run a warez direct download, which only index and link to content provided by other sites. like katz.ws, gotddl.com etc..

edit: whois info at enom.com

enom.com/domains/WhoIs.asp?DomainName=hotddls.com

so who should i contact and provide them with the info and get my domain back
    Last edited by johntea; 05-26-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Originally posted by johntea
    thanks for the comments. before i signed up with warezhosting.com i contacted [email protected]' and ask him if it ok to host a ddl site. he said he'll host it, i thought it would be ok if i run a warez direct download, which only index and link to content provided by other sites. like katz.ws, gotddl.com etc..

edit: whois info at enom.com

enom.com/domains/WhoIs.asp?DomainName=hotddls.com

so who should i contact and provide them with the info and get my domain back
    So basically your domain was a warez site?
    How can you complain? I wouldn't be suprised if Enom delete the domain completly. I'm sure there is some clause that disallows user from promoting illegal content. Even if you are just linking to it, that's probabally still illegal in someway.
    Andrew Thomas

Originally posted by thomas7
    So basically your domain was a warez site?
    How can you complain? I wouldn't be suprised if Enom delete the domain completly. I'm sure there is some clause that disallows user from promoting illegal content. Even if you are just linking to it, that's probabally still illegal in someway.
    Enom did not delete my domain, enom disabled my hosting server domain name.

Originally posted by johntea
    Enom did not delete my domain, enom disabled my hosting server domain name.
    How do you know that?
    I don't think they did. Look at the DNS, it still goes to an IP address-66.49.213.164 (owned by Canca-Com).

I think your hosting provider has gone down the drain.
    Andrew Thomas

ya i know that i just wanted to know if i be able to get my domain back

Most if not all service providers have TOS or AUP that would give them the right to shut down any sites for promoting illegal activities/content. It's not a matter of if but a matter of when. You could put your knowledge to better use ... else it's such a waste.

To avoid ending up in the same situation again, I would register my domain name directly with one of the larger registrars such as Godaddy, eNom, etc and also resist taking any free domain names offered with some hosting packages (unless it really gives you access to dns management at the registrar's, not reseller's, database). This way, if your webhost should shut down for any reasons, you wont lose your domain name and you could easily access your domain name management panel and point it to a new account. This is provided you do not contravene any of the registrar's TOS ... or else you could also find your domain name gone suddenly.

Best wishes.