Question resources in VPS

I have never used a vps. Now wanted to move some of the accounts to a vps. As one of the customers has a resource eater site (it has made trouble for the current server once or twice) I wanted to know what happens for the other sites on the same vps account in such a situation? If it starts to overuse the cpu, do all the sites get freezed?

In a VPS, you are allocated a certain amount of CPU from the entire pool that all the VPS on the system use.

If your client has a site that eats more CPU or other resources than are available in your own VPS, then YOUR VPS will freeze, most likely.

The advantage of VPS is that another VPS on the server can't take yours down if it is using all of its own allocated resources.

The thing to do with your customer is to put them on their own VPS and put your other customers on a different one. That way, if he crashes his own VPS, it won't affect your other customers.
    Mark Oberg
    Techweenies.com

(No longer affiliated with Uneedawebsite.com)

Thanks for the reply.
    And there is no way to limit (or automatically suspend) such a user?

You would limit them by putting them on their own Virtual Machines, so what they do doesn't affect your other customers.

No, I don't know of any way to automatically suspend them or otherwise limit them.
    Mark Oberg
    Techweenies.com

(No longer affiliated with Uneedawebsite.com)

Thanks a lot! It helps me decide.