WARNING- Stay away from this host. Support email included

Hello all. I recently signed up for a hosting service via ebay. The price was great and they promised 99% uptime. I have been with them for 3 months and in that time my site has been down for almost exactly 1 1/2 weeks. I sent them emails and they said there was no problem and that it must be my fault. I double check my site on two computers in my house and I have a friend in Seattle (across the country) check it on his computer before I send in a tech support ticket. I have sent in several tickets and each time they say there is no problem but for some mysterious reason, my site always seems to come back up after I receive a response from their support staff. Any way, my site was down again, email, FTP, everything was completely unreachable on 3 computers. I emailed them and there response is below. I would like everyone to email them telling them what you think of their support..

Tech Support Response

Hello.

Thanks for contacting Zeniors support.

The previous rude response was from another support tech. But this one is clearly from me.

If you cannot tell from my response, I still think that the problem is on your part and am trying to make you happy by saying otherwise. You are more than welcome to leave as you pay $3.95/month...I can even buy a burger with that.

Perhaps you should learn to correct your attitude and stop blaming others so that others don blame you for your ridiculous comments.

Have you ever wondered why I am on the side that collects money and you are on the paying side? We provide a service that keeps all our customers happy, and no we don blame our customers as they do not blame us. Yes for those who insist on blaming us, we don believe in people paying $3.95 and threatening us to leave as if they are paying hundreds.

And no we have not made any changes since you have been continuously complaining about your site being down...we always knew that it was on your part and therefore did not need to take any necessary steps to bring the server "back online"....a server that never went down in the first place.

Don you think that if our servers were really going down this often, we would be out of business by now? We know that customers would like their accounts to stay active and up...that is what they pay us for. And frankly, that is what we provide...except to ONE insanely illusioned individual who believes that our servers are always down..yet we continue to have signups from the same server...running a website on the same server at the same time that it is "down" according to you.

After reviewing your previous tickets, I understand that you came to us after you had a "horrible experience" with another host. Perhaps you will realize that these horrible experiences are not in the host, yet ...on your part.

Anyways, your $3.95 isn worth my time. However, I do hope that you find a host that doesn have unexpected "downtime." A downtime is a recorded event...incase you need reports, we keep detailed reports of downtime and haven had any for months. Also, we pay numerous companies to track the same for us and provide detailed statistics...what needs to be detailed about 100% uptime during the past 4 months? Thats all we need to know...and perhaps you should wake up and smell the coffee.

When you decide to threaten a company over an issue that never existed...specially after they have paid reports that will prove ignorant individuals like you wrong, you are setting yourself up for a downfall and a sad awakening.

If I may ask, how old are you? You sound like a middle aged individual that learned a few things about computers and thinks that he knows everything now. Once again, perhaps you should consider why we are the ones making money...while you are the one constantly complaining about issues that don exist.

We love serving our customers with respect and give them more than they pay for...however, we expect respect in return and your $3.95 (1.5 gallons of gas) isn enough to stop us from returning your ridiculous, unconfirmed comments with the same tone that you wish to speak to us with. Neither do I expect my respected support techs to take such insulting comments from ..... will leave out the unnecessary words that I would use to describe you.

By the way, you may want to consider not using the overused logos from "The Logo Creator"...also, your site, you may want to check it out. For some reason, there is a problem with it. As for your site, I hope you put that little hoax up.

As for your "new host" if you are referring to skyhoster...you are really looking for a setback. Their site looks like something my mother would have designed.

Regards,
    Zeniors Web Services

support@zeniors.com

Please, everyone, email them..
    Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Malikai,

You may want to take a look at your site:

webtheme.us

That said - research any specific host before going with them.
    Did you search for that host prior to choosing them off ebay?
      0 Not allowed!

I recently signed up for a hosting service via ebay
    That was your first mistake. However taking zeniors.com reply I would like to see what you wrote to them..

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com
      0 Not allowed!

Hacked by Dj_Raven the Nightmare Defacer
      0 Not allowed!

buying hosting off from ebay is a bad idea anyways. i have seen lots of people get ripped off from ebay when buying hosting from there
      0 Not allowed!

Personally I think selling stuff on ebay - even hosting is cool.
    I don't do it myself but it's a great location to market yourself - hey why not!
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

You are more than welcome to leave as you pay $3.95/month...I can even buy a burger with that.
    How unprofessional is that? They set the prices and then complain that they are not getting enough money from you to treat you with respect!

You should've never picked a host from e-bay. Find a new host and move on.

As for your "new host" if you are referring to skyhoster...you are really looking for a setback. Their site looks like something my mother would have designed.

Perhaps you should learn to correct your attitude and stop blaming others so that others don blame you for your ridiculous comments.
    I would most certainly like to see the email you sent to them.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you have a data backup of your website since it seems to have been hacked.
    Last edited by 1Ali; 05-26-2005 at 11:11 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for posting. Its a good reminder to anyone looking for a deal, from ebay or elsewhere, to do some homework before signing up.
      0 Not allowed!

However taking zeniors.com reply I would like to see what you wrote to them..
    zeniors.com's reply was certainly out of line, but one must remark its lenght. Something must motivate a person to write that long of a reply, so, just like vaserv, I have to wonder where they got their motivation from.
      0 Not allowed!

The host himself posted a thread about this issue, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=408865
      0 Not allowed!

If I may ask, how old are you? You sound like a middle aged individual that learned a few things about computers and thinks that he knows everything now.
    "How old are you" is something I expect to see from a flame filled message board dominated by teenagers, not as part of a CS response. From the repeated references to "we're making cash thus we are great" and considering the ageist suggestion "you must be middle aged and so computer illiterate", I don't think there is an excess of maturity at this hosting provider.

The "middle aged = computer illiterate" theory perhaps makes sense for people my age (33) that observed the computer skills of 40-50 year-olds 13 years ago -- when I was 20 and arrogant -- but those people are now 53-63. People that are 40-50 now, were only 27-37 at that time, plenty of opportunity to develops skills if they desired them.

I guess my point is, middle aged connoting illiteracy decreases in accuracy as every year rolls by. It never applies with 100% accuracy, but it definitely decreases as any new field ages.

When I am 50 years old, is someone 20 going to try and hang this argument off of me? It better not be from the vantage of a 8th generation language. I might just be a technical dinosaur for completely different reasons, though, maybe I'll refuse to get silicon implants (not the boobies kind).
      0 Not allowed!

Now that's funny. This is the second time the same hacker has defaced my sites. The strange thing is, I just moved webtheme.us to my other host last night. it was defaced after I had discussions with the owner of zeniors...Below are my emails to and from him.

Ticket #1

Ticket Details
    Department: admin
    Time Opened: March 25th, 2005 12:05 AM
    Subject: My site is down
    Problem Description
    Hello,
    My website is down. This is not good.
    http://webtheme.us

Please tell me what is going on.
    Seth

Ticket Responses
    Tech Support March 25th, 2005 11:13 AM
    Hello Seth.

We have terminated some accounts that were clogging up the server and now all sites are working properly. We appreciate you informing us on this matter.

Regards,
    Zeniors Web Services

Next Ticket

Ticket Details
    Time Opened: April 22nd, 2005 2:09 AM
    Subject: My site is down
    Problem Description
    My site is down again.
    http://webtheme.us

Please explain.

Ticket Responses
    Tech Support April 22nd, 2005 3:45 PM
    Hello Seth.

In the beginning of April, we moved all files to a new, more reliable server. You should have received an email regarding the DNS change. You currently have your domain pointed to the wrong IP address. Update to this:

DNS1.ZENIORS.COM
    DNS2.ZENIORS.COM

The IP for the above nameservers are 70.84.170.186 and 70.84.170.187 respectively. Please contact us if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
    Zeniors Web Services

------Thank you for hosting with Zeniors Web Services!------
    ------Please feel free to contact us ANYTIME of the day!------
    Seth Wells April 23rd, 2005 1:02 AM
    I never received the email.
    Tech Support April 23rd, 2005 3:13 AM
    Hello.

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive your email. The address we sent the mail to was: info@webtheme.us.

Regards,
    Zeniors Web Services

They never sent this email. I checked my catchall email and it never came through. They moved servers and didn't tell people.

Next Ticket

Ticket Details
    Time Opened: May 9th, 2005 11:57 AM
    Subject: Site is down
    Problem Description
    I am not able to reach my site again. Your promise of 99.9% uptime has been broken on several ocasions. Please explain what is going on. I'm about to launch a major business and if this is the quality in hosting I can expect I will go somewhere else.
    It's been down for at least two days.

Ticket Responses
    Tech Support May 9th, 2005 3:56 PM
    Hello Seth.

ONCE AGAIN, your site is NOT down. This problem is on your computer. ONCE AGAIN, have a friend pull up the site so that you can see where the problem really lies...either on our servers or your computer. Your site is running fine.

Please fix your computer before you start blaming us for your internet problems.

Regards,
    Zeniors Web Services

Seth Wells May 9th, 2005 11:53 PM
    I had 3 other people try to bring up the site. As well as both computers in my home. The site is now working. I have changed nothing. My email was unable to connect as well.
    Wow..I guess I can see how support is going to go from here on out. I will not be renewing my account. If all you can do is blame your clients. Are you a reseller. Must be.
    Anyway, I just paid for the month so that will give me time to remove my files.
    And yes, my site was down.
    Tech Support May 10th, 2005 3:27 AM
    Hello Seth.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Though your site may have been inaccessible for a couple minutes during a peak traffic point, it has not been down for two days. Our server has been running smoothly for quiet some time now and there has been virtually no downtime. Once again, we find it likely that your site may have been inaccessible during a peak moment but do not see how your site could have been down for two days.

The last time you claimed your site to be down, it turned out that you had your DNS settings setup incorrectly. For the remainder of the time you wish to stay with us, please be advised that your claims to move to a new host will not help you in getting your problems solved.

Regards,
    Zeniors Web Services

Seth Wells May 11th, 2005 2:54 PM
    You don't seem to understand. I am a web developer, I"m not an idiot. I spend about 9 hours a day working on many different websites, two of which are on your servers. When my mail stops working, and the site is not reachable by several other people in two different states, all checked several times during the course of just under two days, then what exactly am I supposed to think? And then, only after I send in a ticket, does my site start working again.
    I have been doing this for a long long time. I"m not some 16 year old punk kid on a computer so don't treat me like one.

I am about to launch a very large business, and having my site go down as often as it has here will not work. The last time it went down it was due to me not changing the DNS, but then again, you never sent an email to me saying I needed to. I will continue to use your server for testing but I will not stay for the launch. Anyone that treats customers the way you do will not remain in business for long.
    Please be advised that treating your customers like garbage will not help in becoming successful as a host. Especially a customer that spends a great deal of time writing reviews in the webmaster industry..
    Give me respect and I give the same in return.
    Tech Support May 11th, 2005 5:49 PM
    Hello Seth.

Actually, your response seems very reasonable. I apologize for the inconvenience and rude response. Apparently we have numerous customers who mess up their site and claim our servers are down and it becomes very frustrating dealing with them. However, that has nothing to do with you and I sincerely apologize for the response you have received from a member of the support team.

We are looking into the cause of the servers poor performance. Most likely, it is only one account causing this and we will have the account terminated. Once again, I apologize for the rude response you have received and will find out who wrote it and have them reported to the department. Sorry.

Regards,
    Zeniors Web Services

Now, I admit I could have been nicer, but having this guy constantly say the problem must be on my end when I knew it wasn't pissed me off. You all know what it's like when you are working on a major project and suddenly you can't reach your site. At times I was a jerk, but I am paying for a service that was failing constantly.

As for the hacker, it's either someone from here or my previous host. The site has been on the new host for less than 24 hours. I'm investigating the times and IP's and will take proper action..

So what do you all think about this whole situation.?
      0 Not allowed!

The next ticket was the one in the thread starter
      0 Not allowed!

Hello.

Apparently there is nothing to prove here. We have been successful thus far simply through word-of-mouth advertising through satisfied customers and any biased and negative posts on the net will not hinder our success as we will continue to please our customers.

I would like to thank all of you that have taken time to respond in this forum. Your advice/comments/opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Odd Fact; 05-26-2005 at 02:34 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by malikai
    The next ticket was the one in the thread starter
    Well... actually malikai, I would not rule out the possibility that both of you guyz are not wrong.

See, there was a point of time when ARIN release the 70.X.X.X IP's and it was still blocked by certain ISPs and well after a week or 2, the IP's were unblocked. It might totally be that your ISP blocked the IP and thus it would appear to be down on your side.

I'm not trying to defend the Zeniors guy as I totally do not think he's anywhere near the professional level. An Ebay seller is always an Ebay seller. Never nice, always wanting money... tsk tsk tsk

What I'm basically trying to say is that the 70.x.x.x IP was still kinda new and was blocked somehow. So, it might be that both were correct. It was on your side (the problem) but it's not your problem, rather your ISP's problem.

As for his response, I'd most probably FIRE the person who gave such a response if he's working in my company. If I were caught giving such a "good" response, I'd most probably get a really "nice" letter with the heading "IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF WORK".

HAHAHA... Good luck on your new host, malikai. Take care!
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com
      0 Not allowed!

Hello.

First off, I would like to let everyone know that this post is not meant to start any arguments or provide any opinions. I will deal with facts and allow you to form your own opinion.

As the client has stated, he submitted numerous tickets regarding his site being down. He also claims that once the tickets were closed, the sites were working again.

However, keep in mind that our support system is on the same server as his website. Even now, he claims that he cannot see his homepage and that it does not say "hacked."

I must admit that the response that was sent to him was not anywhere near professional...however, there is a limit to customer service and anyone can admit that phonecalls made to a house phone requesting a refund (with not a very friendly tone I must admit) are not exactly proper.

What do I feel defines customer service limits? I personally believe that a customer has the right to yell, scream, request, and demand anything that is expected (uptime, server performance, you name it). I have had people call me at 2 a.m. about their accounts. Honestly, when a person calls me at 2 a.m., I am more ashamed than upset. The customer should not have had to call at 2 a.m. first of all because there shouldn't have been a problem. If there is a problem and a customer is put in a position in which he/she has to make a phone call, I would let the customer know that I am ashamed that they were put in the position and will ensure that they will never be made to (though they are more than welcome to) call again.

I provide my cell phone number to ALL clients that need any help which requires more than just emails. They don't even have to request it.

BUT, I do not feel that cussing is anywhere required. Nor is it right to accuse me of hacking his new account...honestly I do not have the skills to hack anything. (Why lie right?)

But I don't get it. If a customer is unsatisfied, aren't they entitled to a full refund? Isn't that what we have given him EVEN AFTER HE DECIDES TO CUSS AND SCREAM. His account is still active and we have provided all files to him...and yet he blames us for deleting his account when it is clearly still active and can be view at: www.zeniors.com/~malikai/

Anyways, this is not an issue to get enraged about nor is this worth spending much time on...not for me and frankly not for the client who could be making customers rather than spending his time spreading stuff about zeniors.com.

I would appreciate it if some of you WHT users would please let me know what you would do if a customer decided to call you and yell and cuss...keep in mind that this is over a simple hosting account issue that you have already promised a refund on upon request.

Regards,
    Zeeshan (Zeniors.com Admin)
      0 Not allowed!

i have 6 current employees and if i ever seen one of them give a response like that they would be down the river with out a paddle.

by you responding to theys post you are just making yourself look worse
      0 Not allowed!

aodat2. Normally that explanation would work, however, the site was not just tested by me each time it went down. I have two other people I use on the West coast to double check, as well as friends on Yahoo IM and ICQ. If I can't reach the site via FTP, email, or directly, and they can't reach the site then what would you suggest. And, each time I submitted a ticket, as soon as there was a response the site worked again. I'm not the type that can't admit when I'm wrong. I make mistakes all the time, which is why I have failsafes. I ask other people to check things out before I submit a ticket. Every single time.. And each time the site stayed down until the ticket was submitted..

What would you think ?
      0 Not allowed!

What I think is that you should choose your host more carefully next time.

I always have something in me that says... "Forgive and Forget. Life needs to go on". So if I were you, I'd just forgive him his sins (wow, I sound like a preacher) and just move on with life. There's no point in proving that he has one of the worst CS out there, it's already a known fact and he admits it himself.

Ps. If you're choosing money over service (when it comes to hosting), this is what you get. I'd always pay a little more for the better service.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com
      0 Not allowed!

Zeniors..I think you need a planet check..

Stop trying to defend yourself. You messed up, move on.
    You can say that I yelled at you, and cussed at you all you want. It's an attempt to gain pitty. You can lie to everyone here but you can't lie to me and yourself.. You have already shown how you treat customers.

The reason I called you in the first place was becuase I was unable to access my files. My account had been closed. I didn't call you for a refund. Yes my site is still there on your server, but that does not mean it can be accessed via FTP..

Anyway,,I have moved my site to my own host.. Have a wonderful life.

As for WHT members letting you know what they would do if a customer actually DID call and cuss you out..Maybe you should re-read the two threads relating to this issue..Many have done just that..

So now I ask WHT members..What would you do if your host was constantly going down and when you asked them about it they kept saying it must be your fault, but mysteriously your site worked after the ticket was closed..?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by aodat2
    What I think is that you should choose your host more carefully next time.

I always have something in me that says... "Forgive and Forget. Life needs to go on". So if I were you, I'd just forgive him his sins (wow, I sound like a preacher) and just move on with life. There's no point in proving that he has one of the worst CS out there, it's already a known fact and he admits it himself.

Ps. If you're choosing money over service (when it comes to hosting), this is what you get. I'd always pay a little more for the better service.

You are correct..
    Zeniors..I forgive you..
    Moderators should close this thread..There is not point in going on with this..
      0 Not allowed!

Zeniors --

You should try holding yourself or your company accountable for a change. How could any customer not get angry, when after not informing them of a required nameserver change, you later tell them that downtime was their fault for not changing their nameserver entries?

Respect is something which should be given to customers, not demanded from them. I don't care how angry you are with a customer, the tone and content of the message in the OP is far beyond unprofessional. It's utterly disgraceful.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...
      0 Not allowed!

This thread has lived it purpose.
      0 Not allowed!