Have you ever used Comcast cable internet

I've been with comcast for so many years, and today it really pissed me off.

What happened was I tried to create new email account, and it said that I needed to login with my primary account in order to do that. Yes, I did! it also said online that my account is primary one.

I went online for live chat support. They said that my email is not primary and there are only 2 emails account existing.

I called up the email support department and asked what was wrong. They said my email is secondary and I have a total of 3 accounts (not 2). I asked them then why my email account showed up online as a primary. They did nothing to try to help me but just keep saying my email is secondary one and that the website people and their department don't work together. ... darn it

How stupid could this get?

Call back & see what happens. Persistence sometimes pays off with tech support. Usually when I do not get the answer that I am looking for, I'll call back (and call back) until I do. Or I just won't hang up - yeah I know, but I know what I want. LOL

yeah, i might have to tried with sale department, technical department. j

Cancel, get out while you can
    Linux junkie | steward.io

I use comcast at two locations. First because the DSL connections are so bad in the area. I have had the personal account for four years I think.

orbitz comast is correct I think in that the main email is not the primary account. Do you still have you signup paperwork. The primary login is the user name and password you selected to be able to access the online client area. Support should have mentioned this. Unless this has changed.

Normally I think the primary user name is a version of the main email name without the domain. For example [email protected] could be fried.eggs.

They should at least be able to reset the information for you.

hi Odd Fact,

I will look for the paperwork again - The thing is that I always use my current account to add or delete email accounts. The last time i did it was about 4 months ago. They must've changed something and their online database is no longer synchronized with the one they use at their department.

Well, i know i should let myself calm down before contacting them again. I know this problem will be solved, but I was just surprised how their IT department messed this up.... lolz

cheers!

Originally posted by vigor
    Cancel, get out while you can

LOL true true. Get DSL or something Comcast and Cox are the worst cable internet providers ever

If you're biggest complain about Comcast is setting up email, consider yourself extremely lucky.

Originally posted by Rob83
    If you're biggest complain about Comcast is setting up email, consider yourself extremely lucky.
    Yup Ive experienced comcast in the past. So BAD their internet would lag so much at night. I now live in the Adelphia area, and I have good internet, never lag or anything except to AboveNet My friends have comcast right now and they get a constant 300ms to all servers after 8

oh wow, i must be lucky...because for the last ...hmm i guest more than 5 years, i hhad had no problem until now.

My average connection is around 2.3Mbps...some time go pass 3.0mbps..

I live near their headquarter office and the main hub is there

I might consider using DSL though - for lower cost

I have had a few problems with signal noise and lag. Comcast needed to update some of the local network. For the most part I get almost 4.0mbps round the clock.

Were you with att before the change to comcast?

Ask to get to Lvl II Tech The first line at comcast is bunch of noobs most of the time. With regard to their service I had both DS Hell and Comcast for a while. I can say I have never seen more than 40ms to any server on the east coast and more than 60 ms to west coast. ( Unless it's through abovenet) cogent paths are ultra quick. In my 5 years of having comcast I have had 3 outages and ( 2 power related in area) compared to the 49 issues with dsl before I finally dropped it after comcast up speeds this year I think comcast is hella better.

But hey thats just my area and my .02

Originally posted by RandyT
    Yup Ive experienced comcast in the past. So BAD their internet would lag so much at night. I now live in the Adelphia area, and I have good internet, never lag or anything except to AboveNet My friends have comcast right now and they get a constant 300ms to all servers after 8
    Adelphia here as well. Currently getting 6.5/800. Soon to be Comcast in 9 to 12 months.

I guess I'm lucky. I can count the number of times I've had problems in the last 5 years on two hands... and that includes when I was helping beta test high speed internet. I think I've had around 6 issues, all of them connectivity. And this covers two locations, one in MA, the other here in GA.

My only complaint are their prices, however, I'm locked in, since there are no other quality high speed providers in my area. I refuse to get DSL, and that's from professional work experience (I used to provision DSL internet services, while still getting my home connection from Cable).
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Originally posted by Odd Fact

Were you with att before the change to comcast?
    No, Odd Fact. comcast has been my only high speed service. Before that I had had the dialup AOL.
    Last edited by orbitz; 05-26-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Comcast is fine so long as you don't tell them you run linux when your setting up. They'll tell you up and down that their cable stuff won't work with it, even when you explain you just moved from your previous residence and it worked fine there
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs