Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by MH-Gary
    You should let everyone know which one you picked, why and how it is going in a few weeks.
    I have chosen MB because from all of the posts, the only disadvantage I saw was the pricing figure and I concluded that to make money, you gotta spend money so I rather spend $12/month if it means I can have a muhc better software. I'll let you guys know how it goes in a few weeks. Thanks everyone.

where did you get it for $12/month from?

I only use CE because it is the only one that supports multi-currency, none of the others do that.
    Portugal Networks
    Shared and Reseller cPanel Accounts. NEW! Windows 2003 with Plesk, ASP.NET 2.0 and MSSQL 2005.

Originally posted by papi
    where did you get it for $12/month from?
    I meant $12/month more than ClientExec. Sorry for the typo.

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    Ugh - we tried WHMap and HATED it.

--Tina
    Why did you hate WHMap Tina?

I think, ClientExec has limited support desk and some limitations on integrations with CPanel and other control panel, but I think now they are beta testing integration with CPanel.

I would say as a user of ClientExec for me it's the prefered software of choice, as an end user.

Originally posted by talkfreelance
    I would say as a user of ClientExec for me it's the prefered software of choice, as an end user.
    Have you used MB and if so what did you like more about ClientExec?

I also use CE it easy and Understand. I use before MB like 2 year ago but it was to much problem
    WHMCS Services / City Tecks
    WHMCS Development | Blesta / WISECP Developer

ModernBill is a chore to set up. I agree. But I also realize that there are so many variables the software is able to handle it just creates more config work in the beginning.

I've been using 3 licensed copies of MB since 2003 and once they were installed and running, maintenance was a piece of cake.

I do not like the support desk. but that's just me. I wanted more features. So i picked up Kayako eSupport. It has drop in files that immediately changes the help desk for clients and is a really good helpdesk software.

That being said, it costs more. You're right. especially if you add Kayako to the mix. But I guess to me if I need to spend 35 bucks a month to make my everyday task list easier to manage, I can afford a little over a buck a day.

Although i'm biased because I've never tried CE. MB has worked well enough I had no reason to.

It does complete 100% automation which was my primary goal. I don't see justification in offering 5 dollar websites if I have to manually manage them. it's a loser for me, and really anyone else. but some feel the need to do it anyway.

I wish MB would do like vBulletin is doing and making changes in 3.5 where your hacks are in different files, so you don't lost them everytime you upgrade.

And Ajax would certainly be a big plus for MB.

We just recently upgraded to Modernbill from WHMAP.

WHMAP was great but we need to add more then just cPanel

CE is definately easier to use and manage

I like mordernbill, but I use iHost.

sorry to bring back an old topic, but would clientexec be sufficient to run game servers?

As a couple of people have stated before Modernbill takes time to configure in the beginning, however the functionality that this software has as a billing application is phenomenal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12