Thread: Go Daddy

Go Daddy

Is any one noticing any loss in domain name registration revenue with Go Daddy pushing out $3.99 registration specials all of the time?
    onering to rule them all
    shared and dedicated hosting
    www.goliathhosting.com
    www.goliathdomians.com

Eh, a user has to pay for a non-domain product to get that special....
    Only users that are getting more than a domain name would do that anyway.
    This is nothing different from many companies that give free domain name registration to people who buy hosting from them.

Re: Go Daddy

Originally posted by onering
    Is any one noticing any loss in domain name registration revenue with Go Daddy pushing out $3.99 registration specials all of the time?
    Domain names have become a loss leader for a lot of hosting companies. For example, 1and1.com has them for $5.99 with no other purchase necessary if you can suffer through their slooooooow customer interface.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

WWD resellers can offer the same deal. I haven't noticed any increased revenue because of that deal. As noted, they have to pay for another service with it.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Originally posted by DevilDog
    WWD resellers can offer the same deal.
    WWD can offer $3.99 .com domains?

and some companies are giving domains for FREE whenever you signup for any of their services

marketing techniques always work.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Bashar
    marketing techniques always work.
    Especially when used in the right way without any attempt to fool
    anyone at all.

It sounds like someone at godaddy is trying to beef their numbers and prime themselves for a financial winfall. They can not be getting enough money from $3.99 registrations alone to cover all those TV ads. So, it is coupled with other services and this will allow them to diversify and grow in number of names quickly. A lot of companies do this right before they look to be bought.

Godaddy --i am going to hosting my site with then

10. Originally posted by skyaus
    Godaddy --i am going to hosting my site with then
    I wouldn’t do that, I paid one whole year and move my site away after 3 months (losing the other 9) because their slowness and the horrible support. This is just my experience.
    NameRegistration.com ETP (eNom Technology Provider)
    Contact me for a free eNom reseller account.

They are good for domain registration but not so good for hosting. I prefer to host my domain with a serious host and not with a famous registrar.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Originally posted by NameRegistration
    I wouldn’t do that, I paid one whole year and move my site away after 3 months (losing the other 9) because their slowness and the horrible support. This is just my experience.
    absolutely right~~
    I agree with you~
    but they provide huge amount bandwidth

I have found Godaddy's hosting to be reliable for a simple site. For more complicated needs, I don't know. Phone support has been adequate. Support by other than telephone is reputed to not be so good. People who live outside the U.S.A. seem to be more likely to have problems with Godaddy. If you live inside the U.S.A. it could be a good choice.

Originally posted by kpsservices
    It sounds like someone at godaddy is trying to beef their numbers and prime themselves for a financial winfall. They can not be getting enough money from $3.99 registrations alone to cover all those TV ads. So, it is coupled with other services and this will allow them to diversify and grow in number of names quickly. A lot of companies do this right before they look to be bought.
    Any way to find out if they're definitely heading in this direction? Happened to be thinking of using their services.
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Originally posted by davezan
    Especially when used in the right way without any attempt to fool
    anyone at all.
    davezan, Right, I agree with you, One can not even fool a dog.

Yeah after looking at it more it’s they definitely nickel and dime you for add-on services.
    onering to rule them all
    shared and dedicated hosting
    www.goliathhosting.com
    www.goliathdomians.com

I think GoDaddy is really great. I host all of my domains with them and host all of my sites with them and the support/features are pretty great. As for their marketing technique, it's nothing out of the ordinary. While the "fools" as some of you noted think they are benefiting from this deal, GoDaddy is really making more money than if they used their regular $8.95 price.
    Updating signature...

My domain was included in my service that included hosting!

Company I use is Tekcetera

Take care,

Mike

I've heard mixed things about Go Daddy .. but I don't think I would host my site with them. I would rather just find another company that would be able to fit my needs and pay a bit more for better service.

Yeah, that seems to be a big issue with some people here, the fact that GoDaddy doesn't give "good" support. But I haven't really found a reaosn to contact their support, so I don't think that's an issue. I mean, I have contacted them maybe a few times, but those times were good. I don't think there is anything wrong with their hosting. The MAIN reaosn I chose them is because of their reliability and account features.
    Updating signature...

I buy domains from yahoo. Just in case i'll ever need to change hosts I never host my domains where my website is.

The bad thing with yahoo is that after the initial registration period (5 buks per year) they will want to charge you 35 bucks per year and this is too much. So you will need to transfer your domain to another registrar after a while...

Hmmmm, interesting comment. I don't know why you would bother with Yahoo in the first place. Also, why is it a problem to have your domain name with one company and host it with another? It seems as if you have a problem with that by your first comment.
    Updating signature...

Originally posted by Kase
    Hmmmm, interesting comment. I don't know why you would bother with Yahoo in the first place. Also, why is it a problem to have your domain name with one company and host it with another? It seems as if you have a problem with that by your first comment.
    I may be wrong, but I think what EZTraveller actually meant was
    he'll never host his website at the same place where his domains
    are.

35 bucks to renew after getting them for 1 year with yahoo...

I know what he meant. Again, I don't see why he's even bothering with Yahoo in the first place.
    Updating signature...