How to setup a mail server...

Ok, i have been using fedora core 3 for a while now, and i would like to setup the mail server part. I would like to find out how to do so... because i have never messed with the mail system, is there a tutorial out there on how to do so. Also i would like to use squirrelmail for the client side. I also would like to know how to manage the users and domain names.

Plz help

If you need this ASAP, I'd suggest you research a webhost that offers a control panel to make things like that simple, but ask your webhost first about cPanel or Plesk, they most likely will offer one. I prefer cPanel. And cPanel does offer squirrelmail, user management, and domain management.

It is a server i own, so no one manages it cept me, but i did find this great tutorial to install qmail...

What do u think about qmail?

I moved from Sendmail to Postfix a few years ago and never looked back. It's easy to configure and there is a lot of support for it on the web with various utilties and the like.

PLUS it's very easy to configure it to use a database to set up virtual domains, meaning it's very easy to add users who

A)Don't have a system account
    B)Reside on a different domain than the email server

Setting up Postfix + MySQL + Courier-IMAP + Mailman + vmail + Procmail + SpamAssassin

Can't comment on qmail, i've never used it .
    Technical Hosting

SF Bay Area
    Originally posted by blisswebhosting
    I moved from Sendmail to Postfix a few years ago and never looked back.
    I'd second the Postfix recommendation. Though it took me a long time to get Postfix virtual domains working with iPlanet LDAP, mostly due to having to tweak LDAP schemas, it is a great, very flexible and open solution.

Qmail is also broadly used and highly recommended.

Cyrus is considered very good when you have huge scaling requirements. I found it too daunting to setup for a small 10-20 user environment and went with Postfix+Courier+ClamAV+Spamassassin.

I recommend that guide -
    I used it to setup my home email server and it was great.
    Have had no problems with it for over a year.
    Give it a try

Reporting Live from Marrz
    Postfix - I am SO in love with it. Power, speed, configurability, extendibility, safety, documentation.

buzy mail servers use Postfix
    Prime Outsourcing | offshore solutions | manual labor | staff leasing |
    because American & European labor are expensive

yes id like to know how to send up mail to, im assuming its out of the box with sendmail.