Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by sprintserve
    Yup definitely spam. Unless the double-optin includes them agreeing to be send advertising emails from their "partners".
    Even if they are, theres a fine line there. People who agree to be contacted by partners dont necessarilly agree to be contacted by any third party the list is sold to. Its a twist of words, and faith.
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

I suspect you have been had. Hope you did not pay a lot for the lists. I recommend you do a test mailing. Start with just 1K and see home many bounces you get more than 5% bounces, you have a very poor list. If you get any spam complaints from such a small mailing, then you certainly have a bad list. If this goes through, try 10K. If you get a single complaint from sending 10K, then expect to be blacklisted as soon as you do a large mailling. Consider that 1 in 10K would mean a 100 complaints for a 100K mailing. If you are mailing a 100K daily, you would find yourself listed at major blacklists and blocked by major ISPs within a week.

The two email marketing firms we have as clients have well below 1% complaint rate. They see about 1 complaint for every 50K-250K emails they send out. This lists are double-optin for the sites/topics of the newsletters and are purged of all bounces every month. Subscribers have to renew quarterly for weekly lists and annually for monthly lists. Event with agressive double optin and filtering they still occassionally get blacklisted.

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.

This is definantly spam which is why TP/SM would shut you down and thank god they have.

I have a customer who does roughly 4,000 emails an hour through his mailing list for politics and he gets spam complaints all the time (people sign up for his mailing list who don't like what he has to say and report it as spam). The good thing is it's all a huge mailing list so people can unsubscribe anytime so it takes the heat off of him.

Quit Accusing me and HELP!

OK, I get the point! I DID NOT KNOW that this was SPAM!

the big question....HOW DO I GET DOUBLE OPT IN LISTS?

I DO NOT WANT TO SPAM!

I do not mind learning a thing or two here. I DO NOT WANT to be blacklisted.

So far, all of you are diagnosing the problem but not many of you are helping resolve the issue. I figure you guys are knowlegeable and I want to learn.

Can you at least direct me instead of just spending your time accusing me? If I would be guilty, I would not be here asking questions, OK!

You can't buy double opt-in lists. You need to build them yourself by having users opt-in to your own list.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

CrucialX,

Do you know software or anybody teaching how to do double optin? I want to do that.

crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

Well Double optin basically means:

1. User signs up on your site for mailings
    2. The system sends an email to the email that's has just attempted to subcribe with a link to confirm that they agreed to receive mailings from you.
    3. Once they did that, they are considered to have double opted in.

As someone mentioned earlier, you need to log and keep all interactions of all the double opt ins. Example, the IP when the user first signs up, the time, etc, and the corresponding IP, time etc when they agreed the second time to be put on the list.

Now obviously to get people to sign up, you must have mailings of some interest or value to them. What that is: you have to figure out on your end.

Other issues includes a privacy policy example what and how the emails will be used, and would not be used for.

It's not the easiest to build up a big list from scratch.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Do I contact a programmer to help me with this? I want to do it. I already have a similar form when I mail that people have to sign into or opt out. If I need just another form to confirm, then I will do that. Many people are interested in the program my team offers. The economy is not good. Anyway, do I contact a programmer? Who do I turn to to teach me how to better my system?

Thanks so much!

Originally posted by Johanne
    I use optin lists in my Send-safe program.
    I am helping people get out of debt or they are on the streets! It is not consolidation, it is debt elimination.
    I am sending 1 million a day of double optin leads. I have full data on everybody.
    I purchased all my lists from two sources so far.
    Sendsafe is spamware. You use software that illegally breaks into the machines of innocent third parties and sends illegal spam. You must know your actions are wrong or you wouldn't try to hide the source of your spam by using illegal proxy and botnet spamming techniques. Your spam is nothing more an a poor attempt to steal money from poor people who don't know any better. You should be ashamed of yourself.

There is no such thing as a purchased "double opt-in list." Any opt-in data you may or may not have is badly forged. There is no such thing as "debt elimination."

Any provider that sells you service and allows you to use Sendsafe of their network deserves exactly what they'll get: blocked by most of the Internet. You are a spammer. You are a lier. You are a thief. Here's hoping you to to prison for a long, long time.

You are an angry man!

I am not sure what side of the bed you woke up on but boy you are angry!

For your information, THERE IS SUCH A THING as debt elimination and it is legal and my family and myself just went through the program successfully and legally. I want to help others that are in the situation we were in!

I have a brain tumor and the medical bills have been huge for our family. We have four children 10-14 years old that I homeschool on top of that! I am 40 years old only! You have no clue what you are talking about and your angry words are useless!

Send Safe with proxy is spam and is illegal. I am NOT doing that. Why would I be here asking questions to learn if I was doing illegal activity?

I am looking to professionals on this board to teach me how to do things right!

Ashamed of myself? Well, angry words like yours are not helping anybody and your commumication is very poor and hurtful. It is sad that you can use your angry words and insensitivity to shame others.

"You are a spammer. You are a lier. You are a thief. Here's hoping you to to prison for a long, long time."

I had no idea that what I was doing was SPAM and some nice gentlemen took the time to explain to me a thing or two. Your words are not helping at all.

I will wait on other more knowlegeable, less angry and compassionate professionals on this board to help me understand and learn.

Accusations are not going to help!

••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Seriously consider what you are asking Johanne.... You're telling people that debt elmination is different than debt consolidation. It could be lowering mortgages...

No one knows your true intent.

You're looking to find a place where you can send 1 million emails per day safely. Lists that you bought none-the-less..

Now look at spammer tactics

Buy lists and send mail to them...

True opt-in/double opt-in e-mails are actually captured at your website by people who know they will receive mail from you.

You have to run a website that has rDNS, that's been around.
    Your website must have your privacy policy stated, it must have an unsubscribe page, where you iniitally sign up, and an opt-out page if you want to be in full compliance.
    Your messages must have in the subject the word " Advertisement " if it is commercial...
    Your E-mails must have contact information at the bottom of the mailing with Clearly stated methods to contact you and how to unsubscribe to the list. (Since you do not know what list cleaning is or how to do it, you are automatically not in compliance).
    You need to actually know what bounces are and if you've mailed to this list already and do not know how to clean a list, you're in serious trouble and people won't have any sympathy because you don't try to clean your list, but you try to continue to send mail.
    You need to understand where these lists are coming from, how they are captured, and if you are a third party mailer, or forth or fifth or dealing directly with the website who's caputring the list.
    If you are not dealing with the website directly, people/datacenters/providers will consider you as a Bulk Emailer...

Please study more about bounces, list cleansing, and compliance before you continue to send out mail.... DO NOT RUSH IT. There's plenty of money in the industry if you do it correctly... If not, you're doomed to be shut down and slapped with a $1,000 fine for each violation (check tos for each provider) /complaint for UBE.

I work in the mortgage industry. There IS NO SUCH THING AS DEBT ELIMINATION. If you're referring to declaring bankrupcy, that is no longer an option either, as the government recently passed a bill that basically destroys your credit rating for 10 years if you declare bankrupcy. And send-safe is straight up spamming software. Your sob story probably isn't going to get you any sympathy here.

Johanne - if you truly want to help people with this program - why not put up a site that details your personal experience with it and have your email signup and optin running from it?

You wont' get 1 million addresses but you will be able to reach people who actually want and need to use this debt progam.

Spam is a sore spot for all of us. If I get one more penis enlargement proposal I am gonna scream. That is definitely not something I want, need or signed up for. Spam clogs the email system preventing legitimate messages from getting through.

As an industry ISP's and hosts spend billions of dollars on spam filters and anti virus programs. IMO the responses on this thread have been pretty laid back considering what a problem 1 million messages a day from hundreds of thousands of sources like yourself are causing the hosting industry, ISP's and consumers.

Do a Google search on double optin email - look for tutorials and services. There are many canned programs out there and much of it is free. There are low cost services, scripts, and all sorts of tools and resources.

Ny advice for whatever it's worth is to get your ducks in a row and build from the ground up and you'll probably be able to find hosting with no problem. But to do it right would probably take more than the two days you have left.
    Game control panels - control your game world your way. Server-Genie.com
    http://server-genie.com

Appreciate the input!

I appreciate the input from everyone.

For the record, our program is for real. I will give you our sister website and you guys can check it out yourself. It has nothing to do with mortgage and I am sorry to say that some of you are ignorant!

http://www.integritydebtsolutions.com

As for the advice, I learned much and will do as I have been told. I am sorry for upsetting some of you. It was not intentional. I appreciate the ones that took the time to explain things intelligently without harshness. It will go a long way. As for the other ones, I truly pray you will find a way to communicate your disturbance differently. It does nothing for communication techiniques and relationships.

Johanne

Originally posted by sprintserve
    Well Double optin basically means:
    "Double opt-in" is really a misnomer, coined by the DMA to make the process look like more work than it really is. Although the horse is already out of the barn on this one, so to speak, the more accurate term is "confirmed opt-in".

-Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12