Natwest FastPay Closing

We regret to inform you that the NatWest FastPay service will be closing with effect from 15th July 2005. We will not be taking any new applications for FastPay accounts with immediate effect.

Existing customers: In accordance with the NatWest FastPay Terms and Conditions you are being given a 30 day notice period, during which time you can continue to use the service as before*.

After this time, you will have a further period during which you will only be able to accept and withdraw money from your account, prior to us closing it on 15th July 2005. Please ensure you withdraw all of your funds as soon as possible.

Key dates to remember:

25/05/05 to 25/06/05 No new applications taken
    Existing customers can continue to use as normal

26/06/05 to 14/07/05 Existing customers can only accept and withdraw any remaining funds

15/07/05 The FastPay service and all FastPay accounts will be closed.

We apologise for any inconvenience this closure may cause you. If you have any questions relating to your account please contact us using the "contact us" facility.

----

Come as a bit of a surprise.

Is anyone here affected by this?

Thank you for using FastPay.

I don't use Fastpay, but I check their sight regularily hoping they would add services to their offerings so when I visited today I was also a bit surprised.

Why did it close?