Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes, just file a chargeback, I really do not understand people that they assume that they can easily rip people, but one thing should be known that every time credit card companies always are with card holders. I promise myself not going with small hosting company. ohzzzz

The outage is not the problem. But why they don't communicate? An preformated email or a small message on this forum are enought. I know they read this forum.

Yes, but they did not send any notification, so i am not able to tell my customer what is going on. But it is very bad, we are alone...

He is a page from their DC:

innerquestusa.com

We are currently experiencing network outages due do a fiber cut in the "Tampa Bay Area". We apologize for this situation that is 100% out of our hands.

ETA currently unavailable

"Co-location Customers Only" please contact us via email for an update.

support@innerquestusa.com

Any updates?

Not yet.

http://www.innerquestusa.com/ still reports an ongoing outage.

You are not over reacting. I think they are out of business. Their website is down and we have no news from them.

I wrote several emails those last hours, but they choose to not reply. This is a very bad attitude, they are killing their company.

I have three servers with them, hopefully all my other boxes are with NAC and other great DCs, this not a big deal for me 3 serveurs out, but what I can't understand is the silence. They simply ignored the fact that they have many customers that trust them and small hosting companies that could die from such accident.

I don't think they are "ignoring" us. It seems as if they have no way of contacting us.

Don't bother emailing them as it their mail servers should be down (as is their site)

They can open an account with GMAIL for exemple and write a polite email to all their customers to explain de situation. But they choosed to ignore us.

They can aslo post on this forum. They know this forum when it comes to display ads!

Weedbass

When I go to http://www.dirtcheapwebservers.com/ I get Welcome to Weedbass.com lol.

Weedbass here too...

Ok lol this is getting a little weird now.

Hello,
    LMAO! Hacker maybe? This is too weird!

Best Regards,

Well, the fact that it's pointing to a residential IP suggests that.

dirtcheapwebservers.com == 24.167.212.231
    24.167.212.231 == Road Runner

[ http://www.dshield.org/ipinfo.php?ip=24.167.212.231 ]

But weedbass.com is owned/registered by innerquestusa.com.

Maybe the datacenter is back up but the dns server's are screwy.

[ https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/whois...n=weedbass.com ]

Originally posted by edelweisshosting
    You are not over reacting. I think they are out of business. Their website is down and we have no news from them.

I wrote several emails those last hours, but they choose to not reply. This is a very bad attitude, they are killing their company.
    I agree with that. Infact the mail that i had sent them as soon as their network outage occured today returned saying that the email couldnt be delivered. So i guess even their email servers are down.

Infact if you see the profile of "dirtcheap" he last visited these forums on the 20th of May 2005. Maybe he too has gone on a holiday to make things worse

Well either ways, still counting to be now 34 hours of outage
    Last edited by SHAdmin; 05-27-2005 at 01:28 AM.

It's been over 64 hours now.

They better hope they're out of business as they'll owe everybody a refund according to the TOU.

[ http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache...s.com/tou.html ]

If a fiber was truely cut, there should be some other providers down too or at least some indication of it elsewhere.

I received an email from Innerquest. Here is an intersting part of it:

Because of the fiber cut, dirtcheap has also lost there personal (company email) Robb should have email back up tomorrow and he said he will contact you direct. I called him and thats what he told me.

Bad situation down here.

the website is up now

Yeah, but they are stopping the business...

Dirtcheapwebservers.com::: customers We experienced a major dark fiber cut on Wednesday about 12:00pm eastern time, which still has not been repaired, by the telco company. We apologize for this situation and leaves us no choice but to refund all of our dedicated server customer that have time left on there leases.. Please e-mail Robb @ sales and he will make certian that every customer that has a refund coming gets one in a timely manner. But please be patient as we are still having e-mail issues.

Robb is amazing

Robb is amazing.
    He made good his promise to refund as per his claim on his web-site.
    He refunded within a very short period.

We are waiting for refund too. Yes, it is a honest pratice. However, if he communicated more during the crises, he could avoided the charge backs and limited the loss.

Shopping

I guess it is time to shop for a server... We emailed too and are awaiting the response.

Try EuroVPS.com they have decent and reliable VPS.

Yah, i have mailed too and waiting for a response.

Either ways now that it is clear that i have to look out for another cheap but reliable dedicated hosting provider, could anybody suggest me one

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast