canceled with host, but still got charged, no way of contacting them

I unfortunately signed up with RCThost.com about a year ago with a prepaid plan. It wasn't long before I noticed how much downtime there was and how much they sucked in general.

I knew my anniversary date was approaching so I asked them to cancel and to let me know the exact date of my anniversary. No reply. My only way of contact with them is a ticket submission via their helpdesk.

Next thing I know, another charge on my credit card. I submit more tickets asking to be canceled. None of have been replied to.

I've spoken to their sister site rctdomains.com who turns out do not do the billing for rcthost.com. I have no means of contacting them besides the *******ed tickets. Has anyone else experienced this before? How can I go about getting a phone number? Or anything?

All I've done so far is dispute the charge on my credit card, but who knows how long that will take.

contact your credit card people and do a chargeback
    get the card replaced with a brand new number and make sure the current one is voided.

hope i helped

Have you tried obtaining a phone number by doing a WHOIS? Or maybe there's a phone number on your credit card statement? You will probably have better luck if you can get someone on the phone.

If all else fails, just do a chargeback.
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

Once you ask your credit card company to do a chargeback, you should see your money within 60 days. Some cards are even better than that. My credit card company posted the money back to my account instantly, when I had a problem with our local cable company.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Can't get any info from whois..."domainsbyproxy..."

And be sure to ask your CC company to reject debits on your card from the company involved they should be able to put a bar on it if you tell them its fraud.
    Regards

Before doing a chargeback, you may want to contact 2checkout..

http://www.2checkout.com/contact_b.htm

thanks everyone. i did file a dispute with my credit card already. i also talked to 2CO.com who does the billing for RCThost.com, and they said they will ask them to refund me, but i am told their only means of communicating with their vendors is through email. Doesn't look like that's going to work well. Hopefuly my credit card will come thorugh.

so, "domains by proxy" implies that they have hidden their registrants information?

If they think it's fraud, they'll tell you to destroy your current credit card and get a new one. That's take like a week or two.. If you pay any pre-payments authorized, it'll be a pain changing the info.

Best bet - contact 2checkout.com with the link I provided you with above. I'm assuming it's 2checkout that's charging you, because I see them listed on their order page.

Originally posted by susulicious
    thanks everyone. i did file a dispute with my credit card already. i also talked to 2CO.com who does the billing for RCThost.com, and they said they will ask them to refund me, but i am told their only means of communicating with their vendors is through email. Doesn't look like that's going to work well. Hopefuly my credit card will come thorugh.

so, "domains by proxy" implies that they have hidden their registrants information?
    thanks, i did. 2CO.com is the same as 2checkout.com All they seem to do is send an email to the vendor with my complaint. Hope that actually does something.

I don't think 2CO will issue you a refund for them. Although you can cancel your recurring charges through 2CO, so you do not get charged again. About the charge you have already gotten, contact your credit card company and issue a chargeback if there is no response from your host.

Originally posted by aingaran
    If they think it's fraud, they'll tell you to destroy your current credit card and get a new one. That's take like a week or two.. If you pay any pre-payments authorized, it'll be a pain changing the info.

Best bet - contact 2checkout.com with the link I provided you with above. I'm assuming it's 2checkout that's charging you, because I see them listed on their order page.
    So it's just me who gets a priority mail envelope 2 days after i have to scratch a card?

I like my bank
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs