Restoring a COBALT RAQ4i

hi!

I have a cobalt RAQ4i, a month ago I had to reboot it some 2/3 weeks before. It started FSCKing after the reboot and spend quite much time.

Now today the machine gain rebooted and never get back due to an error occuring during the decompression of the second stage kernel.

Now, the server is back but .. the old hard disk is attached as secondary and they have installed a new primary disk.

Now I need to get all my virtually hosted sites back, with their users and emails.

is there anyone who had been in the same situation. any tips for restoring things back.

Asif Iqbal

OK what you need to do now is to mount the disk and copy the date over.

A quick and dirty method would be to make the sites in the same structure on the current primary and then excute a CP command on the commandline to copy the old /home/sites to the new /home/sites

When you mount the second HDD it should be seen as hdc
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Originally posted by galacnet
    OK what you need to do now is to mount the disk and copy the date over.

A quick and dirty method would be to make the sites in the same structure on the current primary and then excute a CP command on the commandline to copy the old /home/sites to the new /home/sites

When you mount the second HDD it should be seen as hdc
    I just wonder if I would get all the web users and email account working as well...

Asif

Originally posted by aneedz
    I just wonder if I would get all the web users and email account working as well...

Asif
    I don't have the knowledge of doing a user restore, but what i know is the if there are emails in those user accounts, recreating them and also copying the files in Spooler directly over will get you those emails back.
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster