Domain transfer problems

I'm not going to post any names until I get this sorted out.

Back in 2003, I registered a domain name through RegistrarA. RegistrarA was quite good; cheap, fast support, and all around good. This brings us to the present. I needed to update my settings to point the domain to a new host, and RegistrarA's site now redirects to RegistrarB. According to RegistrarB, my login info is not valid... in fact, I managed to re-register the account that I used to initially purchase the domain, and of course, my domain isn't listed with this account.

I tried emailing RegistrarB, support@RegistrarA and HostA (they owned RegistrarA), and can not get a reply from any of these. The contact phone number on RegistrarB has been disconnected. Basically, it seems as though they've vanished and have a ghost site.

So, needless to say, I want to transfer my domain away from them to GoDaddy. Once again, a problem arises. The domain is locked, and as such, GoDaddy says they can't transfer the domain away from RegistrarA. If that wasn't enough, the domain expires in July, so I really need to get something done ASAP. Is there any way I can get this resolved, or have I basically lost this domain?

Is your info ( correct contact info including correct e-mails ) listed on whois?

If yes then you can initiate the domain transfer request from GoDaddy and see if they can transfer the domain or not.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Yep, it is correct. So I should just initiate the transfer through GoDaddy even though they say they can't do it if the domain is locked, or should I contact them prior to doing it?

Thanks,

Sorry CSDesk but MMK says the domain is LOCKED so he can't transfer it unless the RegistrarA set its state to ACTIVE, neighter Godaddy nor any other registrar will be able to transfer the domain unless it is ACTIVE.

I think you should contact RegistrarA again and try to explain the situation,

Good luck,
    RofyHost - Affordable Shared & Reseller Hosting Since 2003
    Proud Moroccan

The domain transfer will not work without it being unlocked.

Here are a few ideas:

1. Send a certified letter to the new registar that controls the domain from your address in the admin contact info. Give them your contact info in the letter, e-mail, and phone number to contact you and tell them you have been unable to contact them, please unlock your domain, and contact you via any means to verify it is unlocked. Be factual and courteous because you don't want to tick people off that have registrar control of your domain.

2. Contact ICANN. I've never done this so I don't know precisely what to do but you are in a very strong position here since you are the admin contact on the domain. Maybe this should be the first step but it wouldn't hurt to do the step above concurrently.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Now this is odd. I sent out the support emails last week (I gave them ample time to reply before coming here), and no replies were received. As of the time I posted my initial message in this thread, the domain was locked. I know for a fact that the (previous? current?) owner of RegistrarA frequents this board. Now, my domain is no longer locked. Coincedince?

{owner}, if you're reading this, thanks. If support finally received my email (and didn't reply), that was some damned odd timing.

Thanks to all for the replies.

very happy for you MMK, WHT is always the answer to most problems
    RofyHost - Affordable Shared & Reseller Hosting Since 2003
    Proud Moroccan

Originally posted by rofyhost
    very happy for you MMK, WHT is always the answer to most problems
    couldn't agree more
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi