Suspected Car Thief Picked The Wrong Car To Steal.

PIERCE COUNTY - "The Pierce County Sheriff's Office says the owner of a Camaro and his roommate put a would-be car thief in the hospital in critical condition."

http://www.komotv.com/news/mnewsaction.asp?ID=36778

The suspect died as a result of the choking he received.

Prosecutor will not press charges against the victims of the attempted theft.

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Well, I think that if your willing to steal someones car, be prepared for things like this. I had my car stolen a few months back, if I had of seen the thief..
    New Project: COMING!

I'm sorry but it's not worth killing the guy, I would personally press charges against the two because killing the man was not necessary.

What makes me think that is

Zanassi tried to escape, but the car owner grabbed him and wrestled him to the ground, Horne said. Zanassi bit the man’s finger during the struggle, and the owner’s roommate jumped in and placed Zanassi in a choke hold to force him to let go.
    Just let the thief go and then file a police report.
    Last edited by GoTek-JP; 05-25-2005 at 09:59 AM.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

Is killing ever necessary.. Is stealing ever necessary..."?
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

I don't think they meant to kill him. Far from! I would of done the EXACT same thing if the guy bit on to my finger. Or I probably would of started punching him until he let go. Really if the guy didn't let go until he couldnt breath he was probably on some kind of drugs (also could of lead to his death). Many factors although I don't think they meant to kill the person.

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

Originally posted by J-P
    I'm sorry but it's not worth killing the guy, I would personally press charges against the two because killing the man was not necessary.

I guess we should let every one go and hope they don't do it again or that a cop catches them before they can do it to some one else.. Think about this:

1.) It was dark, not like they would have been able to give alot of helpful information to the cops, so he probably would have gotten away.

2.) He was wanted in connection with multiple crimes, (he probably would have done it again) and it more than likely wasn't his first car theft.

3.) If they intended to kill him, he wouldn't have died in the hospital, he would have died at the scene.

4.) The theif doesn't deserve any sympathy, if he didn't try to steal the car, he would have still been alive. He was the one that decided to steal it and he is the one that set the whole chain of events into action.
    James Lumby

They did not mean to kill him. The guy did a choke hold to make him let go of the guys finger that he had in his mouth. If you do a choke hold just right for so long it puts you out. He might of done it for long on accdient. As well they can just let the guy leave...

Originally posted by J-P

Hmm 1 less crook in the worldl

They was looking after thereselves, werent there fault he died.

Press Charges? LOL. Give these guys a medal.

The worst thing you can do is let someone get away with your car..kiss it goodbye if you do. I dunno about in the rest of the world..but here in california the cops rarely find/care about a stolen car. That said, you always run a risk of getting killed/hurt while fighting with a guy trying to steal your car as they are often armed. That said again, I would still fight someone if they were trying to take off with my car.

I'm just glad the prosecutor was reasonable, in another place, at another time, someone might have charged these guys with murder/manslaughter, which would have been a perversion of justice in my opinion.

I love my car, if I get my hands on someone trying to steal it, the guy won't be breathing when the cops get there.

That's sad he died. Though I think the law did the correct thing and not charging them.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Heh, that's my county. Graham is near where I lived a while back - it's a bit of a redneck area so all this didn't suprise me much when it happened.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Well apparently he didn't stop squeezing until he released the finger.

If the man had stopped biting, he would be alive right now..

If the man didn't try to steal the car, he would be alive right now..
    James Lumby

It's not like they SHOT HIM they freaking put a chokehold on him to get him to quit biting on a finger and when he let go they dropped him (the report says). This isn't exactly the same as me putting a bullet into someone stealing my car.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck