Hybrid View

what will you do when someone trying to fake your name?

Please read this thread

http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69757

what will you do when someone trying to fake your name?
    Last edited by gate2vn; 05-25-2005 at 05:17 AM.

There really isn't all that much you can do in this case.
    It's a common problem - someone pretending to represent something they're not involved with.

Deal with it day by day.

Have you tried emailing the abuse depts of the companies involved?

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Well...
    is your name "gate2...." a trademark? If it is, I think you could ask if this lamer rightfully uses your trademark.
    If he is hosting his site anywhere - write a claim against it.
    I saw he uses your webiste name to advertise his own business. Well, then you may write a claim against him because he is not official partner of yours + he uses YOUR site to advertise HIS business. I am not sure, but I think in USA it should be treated as illegal.
    If you have enough money - consult a lawyer. Maybe you can appeal to a court due to violation of anything, starting from pet's rights (joking....) to the violation of any international treaty.
    Don't be afraid to write as many complaints as you can. Then this lamer (sorry for that word...cannot find another) would be very sorry.

That's ridiculous. Some guy is just randomally trying to "resell" servers he doesn't own. Not to mention trying to "resell" servers you don't have. If you don't co-operate with him he threatens to put a scar on your company's face.

Here's one way to stop someone like this, for the most part.
    The administration of the board you linked too should have his IP address in their database. You can contact his I.P. and send them an abuse report. They can shut him down.

Best of luck to you in this.
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- dburling@ts-host.com -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

Never had this problem before. The best thing to do is post a warning up on your site about him, and alert the users not to do business with him. Also contact his/her ISP and report him.

Rus, I have emailed to involved companies. thanks for reminding

and yes, Dennis, I have PMed to the admin of board asking about this IP. Trying to find out who he is

WireNine, it happened to me and if you read the whole thread, I have a link to another thread with the same status. That means it can happen to you, too. I dont want it happens to anyone, but just be careful

Originally posted by gate2vn
    Rus, I have emailed to involved companies. thanks for reminding

and yes, Dennis, I have PMed to the admin of board asking about this IP. Trying to find out who he is

WireNine, it happened to me and if you read the whole thread, I have a link to another thread with the same status. That means it can happen to you, too. I dont want it happens to anyone, but just be careful
    I never said it couldn't happen to me . It would be a good idea to warn users that visit your website not to do business with this user. Send out e-mails to your current clients warning them about it also. Hope that helps

Yes, I am updating our site now

WireNine,

Actually that seems like the best idea - put a notice on your site - directly on the frontpage concerning the user and the issue.

So when they do link to you - they're "caught".