Server sellers who install OS

Hello
    We are overseas and want to look for server sellers who will install Cent OS for us. Free service is the best!!

please recommend

thanks!!

ummm im not sure what you are trying to say, you want someone to install cent os on your own boxes for free or you want to rent servers and have the option to install cent os for free?

I guess basically he wants to buy the server with CentOS installed. I think if you bargain a bit any seller will do it for you for free, just bargain upfront about it.

But yes, DELL/HP/IBM wont do it.

Also you can request your colo company, they can do it for 20-25 USD most probably.

Yes, I want to buy servers with CentOS installed

I am quoted $75 to install CentOS by DC

looking at http://rackmountsetc.com/ so far

That is a lot for installing CentOS, but than again they must be charging standard remote hand rate of $75/hr

I've been charged up to 200 for an OS restore. Anyway, if you buy in bulk, there are a lot of people who will do burn-ins of OS.
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

this is a newbie question but if you buy the server without the os installed, can you just throw in a cd with centos on it and install it, or is it a complicated and drawn out process?

Depends , if you are installing hardware raid , it can get complicated because support for linux raid is still not up to par with Windows. A lot of times you need to compile the drivers yourself (this takes time)or setup software raid, other than that it shd be quite simple.

Just a question, how do you know what packages the client wants? Better make him specify. There got to be thousands of packages in Centos.

Originally posted by fgraph
    this is a newbie question but if you buy the server without the os installed, can you just throw in a cd with centos on it and install it, or is it a complicated and drawn out process?
    Depends on the hardware support. If all your hardware is detected and CentOS automatically loads the drivers, it is pretty easy process. Mostly unattented, it takes about 1/2 hour or less.

If you run into hardware problems, it can take many many hours...
    Garry Dolley @ ARP Networks | gdolley _at_ arpnetworks . com | #arpnetworks on Freenode | @arpnetworks, @bsdvps
    State of the art services, strong community and friendly support
    FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux VPS • ARP Metal™ Dedicated Servers • Colocation • IP Transit
    Native IPv6 • VNC Console • Tunnel VNC over SSH • Serial Console over SSH • DNS Manager

Garry
    if everything smooth and less than 1/2 hours
    How much will it be after all?
    Last edited by Downloadinn; 05-25-2005 at 09:37 PM.